Patreon is the best place for creators to build memberships by providing exclusive access to their work and a deeper connection with their communities. We’re building a content and community platform where creators can engage directly with their fans and monetize their creativity, while maintaining full ownership over the work they make and the communities they create.
We’re leaders in the membership space with 250,000+ active creators and over $3.5 billion paid directly to creators on our platform. Our team is building tools to optimize the creator-to-fan relationship, including native video, enhanced podcasting features, improved creation tools, and new community experiences. We’re continuing to invest heavily in building the most talented team in the Creator Economy and are looking for a Staff Backend Engineer on our Payments team to support our mission.
About the Role
- You'll help scale and expand capabilities of Patreon's payment platform that helps creators get paid effectively and on time.
- Lead and contribute to the development and design of the Payments platform and tools to support payment processing at Patreon.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to define and implement alternate payment methods that increase Patreon offering for creators to choose their method to payin and payout.
- Integrate with 3rd party systems and implement new solutions to streamline processes.
- Collaborate with product management, designers, and other engineers to build new product functionality, while maintaining a delightful user experience, motivated by passion for our shared mission.
- Work with Python, Flask, Java, Spring Boot, MySQL, AWS, Redis, Kafka and introducing other technologies when it makes sense.
- Build a strong product-minded, engineering culture by mentoring and guiding engineers.
- 10+ years of experience in relevant software development
- Enforces a high standard of quality and craft with an eye for user experience and engineering detail
- Experience building systems for scale to handle high volume transactions
- Experience designing, building, deploying, monitoring and maintaining code in multi-service architecture.
- Experience working with microservices architecture and domain driven engineering design approach for developing new microservices.
- Experience building products in the payments domain will be big PLUS.
Patreon powers creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love what they do. Our team is passionate about making this mission and our core values come to life every day in our work. Through this work, our Patronauts:
- Put Creators First | They’re the reason we’re here. When creators win, we win.
- Build with Craft | We sign our name to every deliverable, just like the creators we serve.
- Make it Happen | We don’t quit. We learn and deliver.
- Win Together | We grow as individuals. We win as a team.
Patreon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Patreon offers a competitive benefits package including and not limited to salary, equity plans, healthcare, unlimited paid time off, company holidays and recharge days, commuter benefits, lifestyle stipends, learning and development stipends, patronage, parental leave, and 401k plan with matching.
The posted range represents the expected salary range for this job requisition and does not include any other potential components of the compensation package, benefits and perks previously outlined. Ultimately, in determining pay, we'll consider your experience, leveling, location and other job-related factors.
Seattle Pay Range