Everyday we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build responsive and flexible cloud, mobile, and edge computing applications that scale effortlessly. Couchbase delivers unmatched versatility, performance, scalability and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, distributed cloud and edge commuting deployments. The database market is one of the largest undisturbed markets for enterprise software. The main catalyst for this is the need for digital transformation. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
Location: Bangalore, India
We are looking for a Solutions Engineer to support the rapidly growing Couchbase user community and help drive customer success. Our Solutions (Pre-Sales) Engineers are the primary technical field experts, responsible for actively driving and managing the technical part of a sales engagement. This includes explaining NoSQL advantages, how Couchbase Server works and how it can be used to solve the customer’s problem, all with a good dose of getting customers excited about using this new approach for fast & scalable databases.
Whenever customers do a POC or hands-on evaluation, our solutions engineers help drive these by answering their questions and troubleshoot, so you will be hands on with technology.
- Show customers how to solve their problems and meet their requirements with Couchbase Server and get them excited about NoSQL database technology
- Work closely with the sales team on account strategy and identifying additional opportunities in existing accounts
- Ensuring the success of customer PoC/Pilots through effective management of acceptance criteria and issue escalation/resolution.
- Developing and delivering exceptional company/product presentations and demonstrations
- Work with all technical levels from managers, to architects and developers and explain Couchbase Server and its uses
- Be the technical product expert for customers and stay up-to-date on the NoSQL competitive landscape
- Work with Product Management and Engineering to provide feedback from the field and represent the customer perspective
- Identify and write internal and external technical collateral, like typical deployment architectures or best practices
- 4+ years pre-sales engineering for enterprise back-end software
- 2+ years RDBMS including schema modeling, performance tuning and configuration
- Excellent presentation skills with an ability to present technical solutions concisely to customers or potential customers
- Experience engaging with developers
- Passion for diving into technical issues and solving customer problems
- Proactive in engaging with customer
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases or other distributed high-performance systems a big plus, but not required
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
Couchbase is named one of DTBA’s top 100 companies that matter in data. At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers end-to-end technical solutions for all our customers with high-performance, flexible and scalable modern databases that run across the data centers and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on. See our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
Couchbase offers a total rewards approach to benefits for the value you create here. Couchbase recognizes the need for financial wellbeing. We offer flexible time off, Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage, paid parental leave, and a Flexible Spending Account for the things you care about most. We provide an ergonomic and comfortable in-office setup, with food and supporting technology, or assist in the setup of an efficient home office environment.
Learn more about Couchbase:
Couchbase is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Join an impact initiative group and experience the amazing feeling of Couchbase can-do culture.
By using this website and submitting your information, you acknowledge our Candidate Privacy Notice and understand your personal information may be processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice following guidelines in your country of application.