WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers 100,000+ businesses, including many top Fortune 500 companies who trust our secure collaboration platform to manage the entire content lifecycle.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
The Sales Engineering Team at Box includes sales engineers, value engineering, platform solution engineering, enterprise architects, and demo engineering. As a Sales Engineer, you are empowered to sell to business and IT leaders in every space and vertical, and take ownership in crafting customer-centric solutions. You will work alongside the account team to define and expand revenue opportunities, and ensure the solution is ready for cross company deployments. You also act as a critical liaison between Sales and Product; sharing customer feedback with the Product Management, Operations and Engineering functions at Box. Do you want to tinker, whiteboard, brainstorm and figure out how things work? Our highest performers develop deep knowledge of the Box platform, and are capable of leading presentations related to the Box security story, technical architecture and product configuration.
This role is in the greater NYC area, supporting clients in the Northeast - to expand our footprint and break into new accounts. Are you curious, passionate about problem-solving and love working with leading-edge technology? Then we want to talk to you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You research, explore and identify customer business problems
- Work daily with the Small Medium Business Sales Team to drive new revenue
- Lead technical discussions and product presentations to everyone from a CEO to an IT admin
- Lead demos across the Box suite of offerings (Box Web, Mobile, Relay, Governance, Platform and custom API-based apps)
- Become a Box product and industry expert, rapidly learning the Cloud Content Management and Box model
- Be the voice of the customer - interface directly with our product team based on customer feature requests
WHO YOU ARE
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience required
- 3+ years of relevant sales, technical, or customer facing experience, ideally within a SaaS and/or ECM environment
- Ability to learn, understand and communicate complex technical concepts and develop skills to create compelling solutions that demonstrate business value
- Experience leading strategic and complex customer engagements
- Consistent over-achievement in past experiences
- Technically adept with experience in web technologies and API's
Head-over-heels about this role — but not sure you meet all the requirements? Apply anyway! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Box, we take a big-picture approach to hiring that fosters authenticity, diversity, and inclusion. If you're passionate about this opportunity, chances are, you shine pretty bright.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, and any other protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation. Box strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed as all other employees. Inclusiveness is core to our culture at Box, and we strive to ensure you get the most from your interview experience. Box makes reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please complete this form Reasonable accommodations may include scheduling adjustments, document dictation and beyond.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice. If you are a California-resident, please read our California Applicant & Candidate Privacy Notice here.
Box is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. Actual base salary (or OTE if commissionable role) is dependent upon factors such as: knowledge, skill level, experience, and work location. This role is also eligible for equity and benefits. For more information on benefits, check out our healthcare benefits and additional Box Benefits + Perks.
In accordance with OFCCP compliance, here is the Pay Transparency Provision.
United States Pay Range