Our mission 🚀
Founded in 1999, Scaleway, the cloud of choice, helps developers and businesses to build, deploy and scale applications to any infrastructure. Located in Paris, Amsterdam and Warsaw, Scaleway’s complete cloud ecosystem is used by 25,000+ businesses, including European startups, who choose Scaleway for its multi-AZ redundancy, smooth developer experience, carbon-neutral data centers and native tools for managing multi-cloud architectures. With fully managed offerings for bare metal, containerization and serverless architectures, Scaleway brings choice to the world of cloud computing, offering customers the ability to choose where their customer’s data resides, to choose what architecture works best for their business, and to choose a more responsible way to scale.
Our journey 💡
We want all our actions and decisions to bring us closer to achieving our vision: building and scaling technologies that make sense to us, to our customers and their end users. Scaleway is the challenger nobody’s expecting.As our business scales, the customers and developers we serve are increasingly diverse and global. Giving them an unbeatable experience is central to our business strategy and value proposition. To better understand them, we've discovered that the best way to deliver the highest value and performance is by incorporating a well-rounded team that leverages diverse perspectives, knowledge, skills, and cross-cultural understanding.
Our values 💜
Singularity: We do it our own way.
Community: One company, one culture
Adventure: Level up if you dare, never stop innovating.
Leadership: Be the leader you want to follow.
Excellence: We want to be customers' first choice as a cloud provider.
Rock Solid: You can always count on us!
About the job
As a Solutions Architect Datacenter, you will be reporting to the VP Sales directly, with the VP Datacenter as your dotted line manager. You will support account managers in qualifying and closing sales opportunities.
The Solutions Architect Datacenter will gather technical requirements, determine and design appropriate solutions, advise customers in the definition of technical requirements, manage end-to-end projects and ensure on-time deliveries. You will develop and maintain strong, high-level, knowledge of the company’s entire ecosystem of products and its infrastructure.
As our SA Datacenter, you will play a key role in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment, with teams that have extended expertise and knowledge, and where commitment to our customers is the main focus.
Ethics, responsibility, discipline and ownership should be key values for you, as everything you do on a daily basis and for customers has a direct impact on them.
- Graduate degree in the field of Civil Engineering or construction or engineering degree related to project management
- 4 years minimum experience working in a related field
- Driving licence
- Ability to organize, plan and manage
- Good technical knowledge in the following fields: electricity, cooling, efficiency, French and European regulation/compliance
- Advanced or native English speaker, knowledge of a second European language is a major bonus
- Knowledge of critical facilities, data center knowledge is a plus
- Experience working with international customers
- Proven engineering experience across broad-based data center or industrial buildings, and combining product, services and control systems into a data center (industrial building) space.
- Gantt planning (Microsoft Project or others)
- Rendering tools such as Sketchup, Enscape, etc.
- Microsoft Office suite, Powerpoint, Excel
- Identify customers’ needs alongside the company’s Sales representatives
- Support Sales and Account Managers in the development of commercial proposals during the different phases of the customer journey (RFI,RFP, Contract, Growth)
- Design the most appropriate technical solution in close collaboration with Operations teams
- Arrange and give site tours and infrastructure presentations during meetings with customers or prospects
- Provide commercial support as a technical advisor
- Write technical specification documents according to customers' needs
- Ensure the smooth flow of of information to the delivery team
- Project management
- Prepare technical drawings and pre-execution documents
- Ensure that subcontractors stick to schedules and provide a high quality standard of work
- Ensure projects are executed according to timelines with the delivery teams
- Ensure that clients and account managers are kept regularly informed of the progress of projects, and that any problems or delays are immediately communicated to them
- Participate in pre-installation meetings
- Assist key accounts during performance meetings
- Coordinate the arrival of products and materials in advance of installations
- Ensure the commissioning of installations
- Ensure the handover to customer and internal Operations teams
- Based in our offices and data centers in Paris (France), European travel
53,000 - 66,000 EUR + per year
Screening call - 30 mins with the recruiter
Manager Interview - 45 mins
HR Interview - 45 mins
Offer sent - 48 hours
On average our process lasts 2-3 weeks days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Important note: if you don't see yourself ticking all the boxes don't hesitate to apply anyway. Don't limit yourself to a job description, you never know!