In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team to deliver systems collateral for an autonomous vehicle. You will have deep experience in complex software systems. You will lead a team to deliver software tooling to measure metrics such as e2e latency, power consumption, CPU/GPU/networking performance metrics, configuration management, and related diagnostics. You will work with engineering leaders across hardware, embedded firmware, software, and vehicle teams to align on the delivery of tooling and metrics.
- Build and lead a group of software systems engineers, and be responsible for the group’s strategy, productivity, and impact within the company
- Define and drive system level engineering processes that maintain the flexibility required to adapt to the dynamic engineering environment
- Partner closely with engineering management to ensure that our Zoox wide system initiatives are aligned and progressing in an efficient manner
- Support key decisions working cross-functionally across HW and SW engineering
- Promulgate robust, repeatable, scalable, engineering processes - for developing system requirements and validation plans, architecture, and platform stability
- Identify and leverage tools to support the engineers with delivering on-time, minimizing risk of errors, and reducing burden when changes occur
- BS or advanced degree in engineering, or related fields
- 10+ years of experience in system integration and validation including data analysis
- 10+ years leading large projects from inception to delivery
- 10+ years of progressively increasing leadership responsibility
- Experience driving decision-making at various levels in an organization
- Experience with CPU / GPU / embedded SW tooling, and performance and power metrics.
- Experience with SW development and release processes
- Strong track-record in managing complex cross-functional projects
- Ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience
- Strong software systems engineering experience and/or vehicle system engineering experience
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally when needed
- Experience with CAN/Ethernet networks, vehicle power, vehicle motion control, boundary diagrams, physical and functional architecture design, MBSE, validation methods (MIL, SIL, HIL)
- Experience with HW and vehicle development and build processes
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $205,000 to $340,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.