TuSimple is a global autonomous driving technology company headquartered in San Diego, California, with operations in the United States and Asia. Founded in 2015, TuSimple is developing a commercial-ready, fully autonomous (SAE Level 4) driving solution for long-haul heavy-duty trucks. TuSimple aims to transform the $4 trillion global truck freight industry through the company's leading AI technology, which makes it possible for trucks to drive safely autonomously, operate nearly continuously, and reduce fuel consumption by 10%+ relative to manually driven trucks. Global achievements include over 200 Patents, the world's first fully autonomous, 'driver-out' semi-truck run on open public roads in the U.S. and China, and development of the world's first Autonomous Freight Network (AFN).
About the Role:
The Software Engineer for TuSimple’s Infrastructure team will develop and maintain data infrastructures and pipelines while joining the overall mission of autonomous trucking.
What You Will Do:
- Takes responsibility for data mining and curation.
- It involves developing and maintaining data pipelines and dashboards to deliver operation & business metrics and insights to satisfy R&D and business requirements.
- Develop and maintain Event Diagnosis to support the auto-triage process.
- Responsible for critical data pipelines including dataset parquet converter and dataset autotag, which provides the basis of further data analytics, machine learning, and etc.
- Build applications, data ingestion, data visualization, data pipelines, data lakes, machine learning, data mining
What You Will Need:
- Ability to work in TuSimple’s San Diego Office three days a week.
- Bachelor's Degree in CS or related engineering field is required.
Minimum 4 years of directly related experience needed for this level.
- Deep experience with 3D design and PLM tools, CATIA 3DX or CATIA V5, design release and a strong product lifecycle management
- Experience with a variety of structural elements and systems
- Experience designing and analyzing structures
- System level understanding and whole picture approach to development.
- Advanced understanding of the manufacturing mechanical systems within the auto industry.
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative environment and fast-growing R&D team
Please note: Individual salaries will vary within the following range based on factors such as location, business needs and candidate's skills, education, and experience.
- Partner: We share, collaborate, communicate, and work together with colleagues, customers, and partners.
- Persevere: We are agile, adaptable, and persist through adversity to achieve objectives and follow through our commitment.
- Pioneer: We innovate, take informed risks, and set the pace for autonomous freight and its network.
- Protect: We safeguard the company's people, assets, reputation, partners, and how our innovations impact communities.
We take pride in providing a robust, well-rounded benefits package available to eligible employees. For this reason, we offer benefits for healthcare, tax savings, well-being, income protection, voluntary benefits and paid holidays such as...
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for your spouse or domestic partner, your dependents, and you
- Unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more available
- Monthly gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Free Coursera enterprise account
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Employer-paid life insurance, long, and short term disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.