Classy helps nonprofit organizations increase their impact by creating outstanding giving experiences. Our best-in-class suite of online fundraising solutions help millions of people amplify their support for the causes they care about. As an independent subsidiary of GoFundMe, we are a global leader in modern giving across B2C and B2B, crafting new opportunities to reach more people and organizations across the world. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $4 billion for social good.
What you’ll do:
- Build the Classy component library to be consumed throughout the organization for new and existing user experiences.
- Analyze and develop software that delivers clean, maintainable code within a large, complex, and established code base.
- Learn and grow your skills by working collaboratively with experienced and engaged developers to design new features and re-architect existing ones.
- Within an Agile environment, work as part of a Scrum team and develop web-based software solutions.
- Mentor engineers to become proficient developers using best software development practices and processes.
What you bring (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience with server-side, web-based technologies (full stack preferred)
- Excellent understanding of distributed software architecture with experience debugging distributed systems with high data loads.
- Experience with various web development design patterns
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch, Docker, AWS (EC2, ECS, Lambda, SNS).
- Ability to understand product requirements and translate them into technical subtasks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Significant experience with code versioning tools (GIT/Bitbucket).
- A deep sense of quality, and sharp engineering skills with strong computer science fundamentals.
- Experience working with remote and offshore teams
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- Familiarity with Next.js
- Familiarity with different state management technologies
- Experience with refactoring complex architecture to microservice patterns
- Experience building PCI compliant systems
- Experience with simultaneously managing multiple web application frameworks and/or migrating from one framework to another.
Why you’ll love it here:
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.