What is Box?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers 100,000+ businesses, including many top Fortune 500 companies who trust our secure collaboration platform to manage the entire content lifecycle.Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in UK, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
Why Box needs you?
What you’ll do:
- Lead large-scale projects to completion, from requirements gathering to deployment, while fostering Box culture and representing Box Poland internally and externally.
- Collaborate with the team to assess, align, and plan the re-architecture of any components in Note that do not meet Box's overall engineering standards. Ensure that the re-architecture enables safe, efficient, and maintainable development of high-quality features, in order to improve user and developer experience.
- Manage and maintain substantial portions of legacy code on both the frontend and backend.
- Take part in daily stand-ups, sprint review/retrospectives, planning sessions, team meetings, and one-on-one meetings with the manager.
- Participate in production on-call rotation with your team members
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years of professional software development experience
- You have Experience with Node.js. Ideally you’ve also worked with Java.
- You have experience working with legacy codebases and tightly-coupled systems (we’re now in the process of decoupling/refactoring it) —in fact, you thrive on the excitement and extra challenges they bring to the table!
- Ever worked with Docker, Jenkins or handled pipeline work? That's some cool bonus points right there!
- You speak English like a boss, so no language barriers when we brainstorm together!
- You're on a mission to solve problems, regardless of the technology involved. Many of the challenges we encounter demand a "software engineer" mindset, transcending the typical frontend/backend developer approach.
- Team player? Oh yeah! You love collaborating and being a part of the A-team for epic projects
Percentage of Time Spent:
- 50% coding
- 20% documentation (including architecture & design)
- 15% bug fixes
- 15% meetings
- Agile management - Scrum
- Issue tracking tool - Jira
- Knowledge repository - GitHubEnterprise
- Code reviews - GitHubEnterprise
- Version control system - GIT
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, and any other protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation"