Our Calibration, Localization, and Mapping (CLAMS) team is responsible for building the algorithms and tools necessary for keeping Zoox vehicles well calibrated, always knowing where they’re located within the world, and aware of their environment. Without precise calibration, localization, and mapping our vehicles would be at a disadvantage when it comes to perceiving and reasoning about the surrounding world, and is therefore foundational in enabling results from many other teams across Zoox. This work is critical for scaling autonomous driving in a safe and reliable way. We are looking for engineers who are ambitious and excited about helping Zoox deliver on its goals to deliver autonomous mobility.
- One of the most critical ways a self driving car localizes is using a high definition 3D map. As a Software Engineer working on Mapping Algorithms, you will investigate, develop, and validate rigorous and cutting-edge solutions to all of the challenging mapping problems our cities have to offer. In solving these algorithmic problems, you will collaborate in building a highly automated, scalable, multi-modality, 3D mapping system. There is a strong need for algorithms to be verifiably robust, operating on diverse data across a variety of environments and conditions without human intervention.
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Fluency in C++
- Experience with non-linear state estimation / SLAM
- Familiarity with spatial data structures
- Proficiency in probability and statistics
- Experience designing metrics and validating algorithms
- Familiarity with camera or lidar data
- MS or PhD in a robotics-related field
- Familiarity with robust estimation techniques
- Experience handling large data sets efficiently
- Experience creating intuitive visualizations for spatial data
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $173,000 to $278,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.