At Anyscale, we're on a mission to democratize distributed computing and make it accessible to software developers of all skill levels. We’re commercializing Ray, a popular open-source project that's creating an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Companies like OpenAI, Uber, Spotify, Instacart, Cruise, and many more, have Ray in their tech stacks to accelerate the progress of AI applications out into the real world.
With Anyscale, we’re building the best place to run Ray, so that any developer or data scientist can scale an ML application from their laptop to the cluster without needing to be a distributed systems expert.
Anyscale is based in San Francisco, CA. Employees are required to come in office 3x a week.
About the role:
The Experience team is responsible for creating the suite of tools and services that help create production quality applications using Ray. The product is the user’s primary interface into the world of Anyscale and by building a polished, stable, and well-designed product, we are able to enable a magical developer experience for our users.
Applications engineers help design and implement the features that can simplify or automate many of the processes and components of creating a production-grade application, including development, debugging, deployment, operations, and monitoring. Beyond the user-facing features, applications engineers help build out critical pieces of infrastructure and architecture needed to power our platform at scale.
With a taste for good products, a willingness to work with and understand the user base, and technical talent to build high quality software, the applications engineer can help build a delightful experience for our users from new developers learning to use Ray to businesses powering their products on Anyscale.
A snapshot of projects you can work on:
- Creating UIs for monitoring the activity of your application or its resource usage
- A jobs platform to reliably schedule tasks and view the results of those jobs in the UI
- Building tools to administer and manage the users and clusters within your organization
As part of your role you will:
- Develop delightful UIs or high quality backend business logic that empower software developers and simplify programming
- Work with a team of leading distributed systems and machine learning experts
- Communicate your work to a broader audience through talks, tutorials, and blog posts
- Help us to build and shape a world class company
What we're looking for:
- At least 5 years of full stack, backend, or frontend
- Familiarity with technologies such as Python, React, Typescript, FastAPI, or SQLAlchemy
- Motivated people who are excited to build tools to power the next generation of cloud applications!
- At Anyscale, we take a market-based approach to compensation. We are data-driven, transparent, and consistent. The target salary for this role is $202,000 ~ $237,000. As the market data changes over time, the target salary for this role may be adjusted.
This role is also eligible to participate in Anyscale's Equity and Benefits offerings, including the following:
- Stock Options
- Healthcare plans, with premiums covered by Anyscale at 99%
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Wellness stipend
- Education stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off
- Commute reimbursement
- 100% of in office meals covered
Anyscale Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are evaluated without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law. Anyscale Inc. is an E-Verify company and you may review the Notice of E-Verify Participation and the Right to Work posters in English and Spanish