Zoox is developing state of the art autonomous vehicle software for our purpose built vehicle. We believe that developing the end to end product will not only get us to market faster but will also result in a superior customer experience.
The Developer Platform team at Zoox is dedicated to improving the process of developing & deploying applications. We define and enforce the best practices for logging, monitoring, and continuous deployment of services and web applications throughout the company. Our approach involves using established tools and, when necessary, developing our own.We're looking for an engineer who has firsthand experience as a full-stack developer and knows the challenges with operating applications at scale, and feels comfortable designing and implementing solutions to address them. In this role, you'll bridge the divide between developers' needs and infrastructure solutions, all with the goal of refining the developer experience.
- Define, implement, and advocate for best practices in logging, monitoring, and continuous deployment across the company's services and web applications. Ensure these practices align with industry standards and Zoox’s specific needs.
- Evaluate the current suite of development tools and, when necessary, design and implement proprietary tools to enhance the developer experience and address unique challenges faced by our teams.
- Work closely with both software development teams and infrastructure teams to understand the specific needs and constraints of the system, ensuring the best solutions for our autonomous vehicle software.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation for implemented tools and practices, ensuring that every member of the team can understand and follow them without hitches.
- Keep abreast of the latest in development and infrastructure trends and technologies, integrating them where applicable to ensure that Zoox stays on the cutting edge.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field with 5+ years of industry experience.
- Solid experience as a full-stack or backend developer, showcasing a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Fluency in at least one of the following languages: Python, Kotlin, or C++.
- Hands-on experience with major cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) and understanding of cloud-native development practices.
- Past experience in a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) or DevOps role
- Familiarity with a variety of logging, monitoring, and continuous deployment tools.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $160,000 to $256,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.