What is Fizz
Fizz is a social app that allows students to connect with their campus. Each Fizz community has a private and moderated feed of anonymous posts, authored by verified students, providing the most entertaining, relatable, and interesting conversations about student life.
Students can post questions, memes, polls, and chat with other verified students while maintaining control over their identity and privacy. Fizz communities prioritize safety, authenticity, and inclusion through community-based moderation.
Founded by two Stanford dropouts, Fizz is currently expanding to colleges across the US with a mission to redefine the “social network” in a time when legacy platforms lack authenticity and are filled with curated highlight reels.
What we’ve done
We first launched Fizz at Stanford in July 2021 and have since seen >95% of undergraduates join the app, half of which use Fizz every day. Since then, we have raised over $41 million from NEA, Owl Ventures, and Lightspeed, built a rock-solid engineering team with decades of experience at top tech companies, and expanded Fizz to be the dominant community platform at 200+ colleges.
Where we’re going
We are currently in the process of rapidly expanding to all US universities, with the goal of getting there by the end of the 2023-2024 academic school year. Our team is engineering driven and product first. In order to maximize our product iteration, we give engineers at Fizz a lot of autonomy and full ownership.
Some of the things you can expect to work on include:
- Ideating, designing, and implementing new features from the ground up enhance and transform the way students use and view Fizz
- Designing the systems and processes to facilitate rapid user base expansion
- Building scalable community moderation systems
- Disrupting the social media paradigm
We are open to candidates of all experience levels who are passionate about being an early employee and want to help drive our company forward.
- Architect, design, and develop scalable services that can support high traffic retail facing applications involving user interactions typical of a social network.
- Design and implement RESTful APIs that are scalable, reliable, and secure
- Setup tools and processes that promote great software development practices.
- Imagine, design, deploy, and iterate new product features.
- Strong fundamentals of CS concepts such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Networking, Operating Systems, Databases.
- Strong grasp on product and ability to develop features that college students will use and love.
- Ability to articulate and demonstrate common security practices from a developer point of view.
- Ability to find appropriate new technologies and tools for our stack.
- Experience with SwiftUI, TypeScript, Firebase, or Google Cloud Platform.
Fizz is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.