At Zoox, you will collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as AI, robotics, mechatronics, planning, control, localization, computer vision, rendering, simulation, distributed computing, design, and automated testing. You’ll master new technologies while working on code, algorithms, and research in your area of expertise to create and refine key systems and move Zoox forward.
Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and highly impact the final product.
- Master's degree or PhD in computer science or related field
- Fluency in C++ and/or Python
- Experience with modern computer vision techniques and machine learning
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
- Demonstrated ability to create functional systems that solve difficult perception tasks
- Experience handling large data sets efficiently
- Strong mathematical skills and understanding of probabilistic techniques
- 8+ years of experience in a related field
- Publications in your field (CVPR, ICCV, RSS, ICRA preferred)
- Experience with autonomous robots
- Experience with sensor fusion (e.g. LiDAR, camera, radar)
- Experience with novel pipelines and architectures for convolutional neural nets and Vision Transformers
- Experience with 3D data and representations (pointclouds, meshes, etc.)
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $221,000 to $319,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.