Zoox is looking for a Senior or Staff Level Systems Engineer who will be a steward of the Linux production environment. This individual will be responsible for operating Zoox's application, compute, and storage platforms. A successful candidate for this role will have strong knowledge of Ubuntu Linux as well as an operational mindset. This role will have a direct impact supporting the growth of our company.
- Operation of Zoox's application, compute, and storage platforms.
- Deployment and administrative tasks in Ubuntu Linux.
- Troubleshooting and reverse engineering full-stack solutions.
- Working cross-functionally with other teams to achieve business goals.
- 8+ years of Linux Systems Engineering experience.
- Strong knowledge of Ubuntu Linux.
- Understanding of server hardware.
- Networking knowledge including TCP/IP and other protocols.
- Enterprise Production experience including Incident, Problem, and Change Management.
- Willingness to participate in a 24 x 7 on-call rotation.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $158,000 to $260,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.