Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
The Architecture team is responsible for ensuring that Xero’s products and platforms continue to evolve and deliver for our customers in a sustainable way now and into the future. We are a large global team of architects working to solve complex problems at scale.
We run a centralised embedded operating model, meaning we work embedded within specific Product or Platform teams but also come together as a group to work on our systems and practices and to develop our people.
Our architects come with diverse backgrounds and experience with a variety of relevant skill sets. You will be a natural collaborator able to break down complex problems with teams. You enjoy bringing different stakeholders together to facilitate alignment and build consensus. You will be an adept communicator able to create visualised clarity for diverse stakeholders, supporting them to make difficult decisions. You take ownership and are comfortable having challenging conversations, but you do this with authenticity and inclusivity.
If the above sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you! We’re a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work. Xero offers competitive remuneration packages, flexible working opportunities and modern working environments.
We're a huge part of the development community and you'll find Xeros attending and speaking at conferences and hosting meetups. We're really open in our discussions at Xero, from the latest product management thinking to diversity and inclusion.
At Xero our Senior Solutions Architects are expected to:
- Translate longer-term team strategy and synthesise complex ideas into actionable requirements and solution designs.
- Collaboratively design and champion architectures with future flexibility in mind, use evolutionary architecture patterns that support guided, incremental change across multiple domains.
- Identify architecturally significant decisions that define the future direction of a system and facilitate the discussion, consultation and conclusion of these decisions with requisite stakeholders.
- Be a mentor and coach to others, providing guidance and governance to architects as well as engineers.
- Utilise quantitative measures and guidance to ensure the fitness of the architecture is aligned to established principles & guardrails.
- Provide clarity to a variety of stakeholders through the creation and dissemination of architectures using appropriate communication mediums, tools and templates that are easily evaluated and understood.
- Foster and champion the sharing of information of all types between teams in the belief that a positive, and performance-oriented, environment is best suited for success.
Xero is an AU Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. Our goal is to make sure you feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.