What is Blinq?
The first interaction two people have is the bedrock of all strong business relationships. If you can make that experience special, you can start to build a great second interaction, and so on. Blinq is the tool to help people do that. We're building a platform that allows you to share a snapshot of who you are with anyone, anywhere via digital business cards, dynamic email signatures and virtual backgrounds. Our ambition is to become the live identity layer on the internet and truly transform the way people connect.
Why join Blinq?
🏆 Come be part of the fastest growing venture-backed startup in Australia. As an early member of Blinq, you’ll have the unique opportunity to shape the direction of the company in a self-managed, results-driven start-up. There’s no corporate nonsense here and zero micro-managing. You are your own boss. You’ll get guidance and support from our small, energetic team and feel empowered to perform at your best to ultimately delight our users. Our product is B2C and B2B, and bottom-up SaaS product-led growth.
About the role
We’re on the look out for a Senior Software Engineer with full-stack experience building web apps. The ideal candidate will have experience building on React, TypeScript & Node. They will also bring expert source control (git) and project management (agile~ish) skills. Blinq is a fast-paced startup environment, so a desire to work in this type of environment is a must.
- At least 4+ years experience building consumer and business-facing applications
- Building products at scale — multi-million users platforms
- React, TypeScript, Node, Next.js
experience is desirable
- Test-driven Development (TDD)
- Building at edge — Edge Compute, Static Site Generation, etc
- A perfectionist-itch to build truly world class products
- Experience with Firebase and Google Cloud is ideal but not required
- You are excited by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced start up to build a beautiful product that users love
🚀 We’re doubling our ARR every few months.
😃 Hundreds of thousands of users use Blinq to share their contact details with people they meet.
😍 Employees at Patreon, Tesla, Uber and Google use Blinq.
🙌 We’re backed by Australia’s best VCs: Blackbird and Square Peg. It’s the first time they’ve teamed up at Seed Round since their investment in Canva.
❤️ 4.9/5 star rating on the App Store with over 9K reviews. We’re also ranked within the top 150 Business apps on the App Store!
Articles we’re featured in
Our work environment
🇦🇺 We are a team of 16 based in Melbourne, Australia.
🍺 Fun-fact: our office overlooks the oldest building in Australia, an old Irish pub.
🎲 We have a ping-pong table, board games and top quality workstations.
🏡 We believe in autonomy, so hybrid work is how we operate. Come in when you need to, otherwise, work how works best for you, even if that’s really late or really early.
What we offer
- Equity in the business and a competitive salary
- Regular off-sites at different places around Australia
- Steep learning curve and opportunities to boost your skills and work across a number of areas
Think Blinq is the place for you? We strongly encourage you to apply. We welcome all levels of experience and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.