Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Sr. Studio Software Engineer, you will be an important contributor to the evolution of Roblox Studio which is the primary IDE for making massive multiplayer online games on the Roblox platform. Who wouldn't want to do that? Studio provides tools for 3D modeling, animation, complete SDLC and testing for teams and individual game developers. This role does not require experience in the aforementioned. Large-scale desktop application experience will suffice.
You will work on projects involving:
- Core user features - explorer, properties, windowing systems
- Foundational application architecture
- Working with UX designers for overall design language for Studio
- UX component framework
- Building central backend systems
- 5+ years in developing and deploying top of the line user facing applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a similar technical field
- 1+ years with C++ or .NET is a plus. You can interview in the language of your choice and pick up C++ once you join.
- Experienced with UI frameworks like QT/QML, React, Cocoa, WPF, or others is a plus
- Proficiency with industry standards, best practices and design patterns
- Ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
- Design and build the architecture and technical direction that will be the future of our application
- Build and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
- Work across teams and technology platforms
- Mentor team members helping them improve their professional skills and expertise
- Design, develop, and implement technological practices, patterns, and strategies
- Participate in building the world's best professional application for massively multiplayer game development
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.