At Space and Time, we are solving Web3’s toughest data analytics challenges at planetary scale with decentralized, peer-to-peer technology. Apps built on top of Space and Time become blockchain interoperable, crunching SQL + machine learning for enterprises and any decentralized applications that need verifiable tamperproofing, blockchain-security, or enterprise scale. We turn any major blockchain into a next-gen database by connecting off-chain storage with on-chain analytic insights. Our team is growing fast, backed by some of the top blockchain orgs and VCs.
A career at Space and Time is lucrative, fast-paced, and very creative. We value you (and all your ideas) like family and we bring an endless supply of perks. This includes flexible workweeks + flexible vacation, add-on bonuses for hard work, we attend exciting events/conferences/parties, we’re headquartered on the beach near LA (but don’t mind you working remote), and most importantly- we provide analytics technology to the largest dApps, DAOs, DeFi/DEXs, GameFi, NFT platforms, enterprises, etc. We are committed to growing a diverse and welcoming team in a safe space to be yourself and learn from the most innovative minds in blockchain and data warehousing. Help us invent the first decentralized supercomputer!
As a Sr. Software Engineer focused on Rust development within our Consensus Protocol Engineering team you will be joining highly skilled engineers, cryptographers, and researchers responsible for developing BFT consensus algorithms for Space and Time’s next generation data platform.You will collaborate with the rest of your team, other Space and Time teams to implement and test the core consensus algorithm. You will play a critical role as part of our core team and will have significant impact and influence over the direction of our technology.
- Writing production ready Rust code to build an efficient, resilient BFT consensus algorithm
- Developing supporting tools, performance benchmarks/metrics and tests in Rust and/or other languages
- Codifying best practices for future reuse in the form of accessible, reusable patterns, templates, and code bases to facilitate future growth
- Working with engineering leadership to define, prioritize, and ensure smooth deployments with other operational components
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in math, computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field. Masters or PhD is a plus
- 3+ years software engineering experience, preferably in areas like distributed systems, consensus, p2p/libp2p, core networking
- Experience in asynchronous programming with Rust
- Familiarity with libp2p, gossipsub
- Familiarity Byzantine Fault Tolerance protocols
- Familiarity with cryptographic primitives such as elliptic curves, BLS, key management
- Familiarity with microservices, gRPC/protobufs in Rust
˖ Ultra competitive salaries
˖ Medical, dental, and vision insurance, disability/life insurance
˖ 401(k) Plan
˖ Aggressive bonus structure and RSUs
˖ Very flexible PTO, paid holidays, and flexible workweeks
˖ Very flexible remote work options
˖ A massive list of perks including discretionary add-on bonuses for hard work, attending exciting events/conferences/parties, we’re headquartered on the beach near LA (but don’t mind you working remote)
Space and Time is an EOE and committed to building a diverse team