Diligent is the leading governance, risk and compliance (GRC) SaaS company, serving 1 million users from over 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about GRC and ESG to ensure CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance from across the organization.
Spend your days making a difference, not just working for a living. We do that by creating Security, Risk management, Compliance, and audit software that uncovers fraud, waste, environmental risk, and abuse in their organizations. Our collaborative R&D teams use Serverless AWS technologies to build our SaaS platform and tackle strategic business challenges, creating highly impactful solutions for today and for our future to support Modern Governance.
The ideal candidate will have proven ability to apply effective analysis, design, programming, and testing skills to produce and maintain scaled SaaS software solutions. They will be driven, resourceful and not feel intimidated by significant technical challenges. The successful candidate will work as part of an established team who are used to working together to achieve excellent results. Our ideal candidate will be someone who is motivated, pro-active and takes pride in his or her code.
They will want to take ownership of the features they are working on, proactively drive improvements in software design and development practices, and might work with more junior members of the team to help develop their skills and optimize the performance of the team over time.
- Design, code, review and test assigned features and user stories, in accordance with the agile methodology employed by Diligent
- Producing high-level technical design artefacts for major stories
- Contribute to the quality assurance/testing strategy for assigned features, performing technical tasks as required to support that strategy, including but not limited to development of unit and other automated tests, and assisting with acceptance and regression testing
- Influence the design of the future state of the product, including separating out major components and sub-systems, designing and delivering prototypes, especially for back-end components
- Communicate effectively with other development teams, production operations, and a number of other technology groups, to ensure regular smooth delivery of working software to production.
- Ensure all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures to ensure information retention and re-use. Ensure internal systems are kept up to date at all times with the latest activity
- Plan and control their own workflow to ensure all deadlines are met and manage their own tasks effectively
- Technical owner of Epics of all sizes, sometimes involving more than one workstream.
- Can lead technical architecture and implementation of platform-level initiatives
- Responsible and dependable to take on challenging tasks with minimal supervision
- Knows to delegate when needed, understands their own limits, while still owning the workflow to completion
- Involved in continuous improvement of processes by regularly making improvement recommendations at team retrospectives
- Strong experience in a hands-on development role at a commercial software company
- Demonstrable experience of devising and delivering changes to large/complex products
- Excellent understanding one of (or all) our technologies: NodeJS, TypeScript, React, Ruby on Rails
- Experience in API and web development
- Problem-solver attitude - Technology agnostic approach
- Experience of designing and delivering security solutions in an environment that embraces DevOps and IaC concepts and common technologies, with a focus on pipeline security automation (DevSecOps)
- Experience with Microservices architecture
- Commitment to producing well tested and documented code
- Good understanding of RESTFul Services
- Strong code review, mentoring and refactoring skills
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Experience working on an agile team, providing estimates and reporting progress
- Able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical teams
- Keen to improve processes and share knowledge across the team
- Familiarity with Source Code Control Systems (esp Git, GitHub) and common branching models such as GitFlow
- Be passionate about delivering value to our customers
- Good mentoring skills
- 5 years+ of software engineering experience
- Degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar discipline
- Experience with React
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with Ruby On Rails
- Experience working with SoAs/ESBs/Message Queues
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM/Lean software development
- Keen to learn more about new languages and frameworks
- Experience of working in regulated markets
What Diligent Offers You
- Creativity is ingrained in our culture. We are innovative collaborators by nature. We thrive in exploring how things can be differently both in our internal processes and to help our clients
- We care about our people. Diligent offers a flexible work environment, competitive vacation policy and meeting-free days across the company. We care about our team’s health and wellness and even offer a quarterly health club reimbursement!
- We have teams all over the world. We may be headquartered in New York City, but we have office hubs in Washington D.C., Vancouver, London, Galway, Budapest, Munich, Bengaluru, and Sydney.
- Diversity is important to us. Growing, maintaining and promoting a diverse team is a top priority for us. We foster and encourage diversity through our Employee Resource Groups and provide access to resources and education to support the education of our team, facilitate dialogue, and foster understanding.
Diligent created the modern governance movement. Our world-changing idea is to empower leaders with the technology, insights and connections they need to drive greater impact and accountability – to lead with purpose. Our employees are passionate, smart, and creative people who not only want to help build the software company of the future, but who want to make the world a more sustainable, equitable and better place.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent has offices in Washington D.C., London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
We are a drug free workplace. Diligent is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, protected veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Diligent's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].
To all recruitment agencies: Diligent does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diligent employees or any other organization location. Diligent is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.