Who we are:
The world needs a superpower that revolutionizes digital banking for small businesses and financial institutions! That’s why we built Open - a digital banking enterprise that builds industry-defining banking products for businesses, startups, freelancers, financial institutions and more.
We have already built several powerful forces like Open Money - the world’s fastest growing SME neobanking platform, Zwitch - Asia’s first-ever no-code embedded finance platform, and BankingStack - a modern cloud-native digital baking OS.
Open has been awarded the ‘Most Innovative Neo bank’ & ‘Most Innovative Digital Bank’ at India Fintech Awards 2021 & Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) respectively. But this is just the beginning of a paradigm shift we are about to forge in the world of banking. On 3rd May 2022, Open became the 100th Unicorn of India.
Open is currently home to some of the smartest & brightest 500+ minds in the fintech space. We’re a Series D funded startup backed by leading international funds like Temasek, Google, Tiger Global, IIFL Finance Ltd., SBI Holdings Japan, 3one4 Capital, Speed Invest, Beenext, Tanglin Venture Partner Advisors & Angellist to name a few.
To build and strengthen this superpower, we’re on the lookout for some extraordinary folks. Are you up for this challenge?
Since our inception in 2017, we’ve launched a line of cutting-edge innovative products that are truly disrupting the banking game.
Trusted by Leverge Edu, Rupeek, Aisle, Arzooo & million others, Open started out by empowering entrepreneurs to focus on growing their business via our flagship product Open.Money
. At the heart of it is the Open business account that comes with a VISA business card & combines banking, payments, accounting, expense management & taxes, in one place.
Zwitch: Over the last 5 years, we have realized that embedding banking to product workflows is complex. That's why we built Zwitch - an embedded finance platform that offers API and no-code components for banking and compliance. It empowers businesses to build and integrate banking and financial features into any product out there!.
BankingStack: Having been deployed at over 15 banks in India, BankingStack, a cloud native SME banking platform, has already created a dent in the current fintech space. This financial OS, empowers banks to launch & complement their own digital banking offerings thus offering a superior experience to customers.
We are hiring for
Senior Software Engineer
3-6 yrs | Bangalore Office
● Build highly available, secure, distributed systems in a microservices architecture.
● Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry to work on complex
challenges in large-scale computing
● Own, build and operate external customer facing systems that demand stringent
● Continuously learning about new technologies.
● Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to
ensure strong optimization and functionality
● 3-6+yrs of relevant work experience.
● Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related discipline
● Experience in software development building successful production software systems.
● Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms,
complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving, and object-oriented analysis
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for
scalability, performance and reliability.
● Experience in building microservices based systems with distributed architecture.
● Experience with modern object-oriented programming languages such as PHP, Java,
GoLang, Python, or C#, preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform.
● Experience in RDBMS and NOSQL databases with writing SQL queries
(StoredProcedure, Joins, group by, aggregate functions, etc.).
● Ability to work in a fast paced, agile environment and in an ownership and
● Proficiency developing in at least one if the following programming languages: C, C++,
Java, C#, GoLang, PHP or Python
● Knowledge of database system internals
● Proficiency in object-oriented design
● Hands-on experience with AWS or GCP APIs and services
● Effective verbal and written communication skills
● Proficiency in understanding and implementation of design patterns
● Working knowledge of Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes and API Gateway.
Why work at Open?
• You’ll be part of the early tribe that is changing the way business banking rolls
• Every atom of your work will impact the way millions of businesses are run
• You’ll work with some the brightest minds who’ll celebrate your quirks
• You’ll find growth & fun to be two-way streets - how you thrive and the way you jive, in turn drives Open