Who are we?
PayFit simplifies payroll management and HR processes for SMBs. PayFit is an automated SaaS solution to help business owners and HR professionals save time and money allowing them to refocus on what really matters: their employees. Since 2015, we have set ourselves a mission to support the digital transformation of HR management through our ever growing range of product features and services. We have a strong presence in France and have been quickly growing in Germany, Spain and the UK. With 8,000 customers in 4 countries, we are one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in Europe.
PayFit is successful not only because of our product but because of our culture. Today, we are more than 1000 employees at PayFit and we all share four core values. It’s important to us that we:
- Care for each other
- Always stay humble
- Strive for excellence
- Live and work with passion
We are committed to a culture of inclusion and an environment that enables fulfillment in freedom & responsibility. To find out more about what working at PayFit in London is like, click here.
You'll be joining Core Services Squad 🏡
Get onboard of the PayFit rocket by joining our Core Services Team as a Senior fullstack software engineer.
Our team is part of the Foundations tribe, whose mission is to "make PayFit easy to build, easy to use".
The tribe operates in 3 main streams :
• Product enablement (notifications, validations, authentication, permissions...)
• User Autonomy (navigation, search, settings, modules...)
• Core HR (HR coach, employee 360, employee directory, exports and reporting...)
Our squad is composed of 2 passionate and dynamic Engineers and the squad tri-force : the Engineering Manager, the Product Manager and the Product Designer.
We are part of the Product enablement stream, our main goal is to accelerate the impact and delivery of product teams by providing compelling functional product components & APIs.
To give you more context:
• Our main focus consists in creating and enhancing the brand new entity in our data model that we own: the collaborator. It enables PayFit to move from a contract to a people centric platform and unlocks many technical and business possibilities.
• We also own a notification system that enables product teams to build experiences relying on user notifications (in-app, email, slack ...) along with an internal templating system enabling product teams to build custom email layouts but also generate PDFs (payslips for ex).
What will be your role? 💪🏼
Your mission will be to contribute to the whole development process (from system design to delivery and monitoring).
• Design, develop, test and maintain robust APIs and services for maximum reliability, resilience and scalability with security in mind.
• Work with a Product Manager & Product Designer on feature development & product initiatives.
• Participate actively in defining the architecture vision to better support our growing user base and scale accordingly.
• Maintain a high level of quality through extreme programming (XP) software development methodology, documentation and pairing.
• Share your knowledge through workshops and coaching.
• Promote our engineering culture and best practices.
For the day-to-day work, we use 🧰
• Technical stack: TypeScript, Node.js
, React, docker, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, AWS, MongoDB, GraphQL...
• Code collaboration: GitHub, CircleCI
• Project management and knowledge: JIRA, Notion, Miro, Whimsical
• Communication: Slack, Zoom
• Design tool: Figma
This job has been tailored for you if... 🦄
You have the following qualities :
• You have 4+ years of experience as a software engineer and have had exposure to architectural patterns of efficient, large and high-scale systems (Design Patterns, Microservices, Databases...)
• Problem solver: You are a pragmatic and product-driven engineer who is interested in solving problems and delivering value while taking into account business <> tech tradeoffs.
• Best Practices: You are an organized, rigourous engineer who follows best practices regarding code quality, clean architecture, testing, monitoring, code reviews and CI/CD.
• Impact Maker: You are creative, passionate about building things and want to help build an innovative product used by thousands of users.
• Team player: You have good communication skills, are comfortable working in a partially remote team, and can easily work with non-technical colleagues
• Curiosity: You are a curious, open-minded and motivated engineer who is eager to learn and introduce new tools and methodologies where it can help us grow.
• Languages: You are fluent in English, French is optional.
We would be even more impressed if you... 🤩
• Are Event-Driven Architecture and Domain Driven Design aficionado.
• Have experience in Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud providers (AWS for example), GitOps.
• Have experience in relational databases (Postgresql for example).
• Have experience in working with Design systems.
Hiring process ⚙️
• HR Phone interview with a Talent Acquisition Specialist. (30-45mins)
• Meet Nicolas, the Engineering Manager of the squad (30-45mins, visio)
• Short pair programming session followed by a system design interview with two engineers from the team (60-90mins, visio)
• Meet Alix and Charlotte, Product Manager and Product Designer (30mins, visio)
• Meet Pierre, Engineering director of the foundations tribe (30mins, visio)
• Background check to verify your identity, diploma and past professional experience in the context of our ISO27001 certification
In return for this we will offer you ...
- The opportunity to ‘Work from anywhere’ - use the office or any other location as your daily working environment (including internationally for up to 6 months of the year)
- The opportunity to visit and work from our PayFit offices in London, Paris, Berlin and Barcelona
- Private medical insurance with Vitality
- UK Team Bonuses for reaching growth milestones.
- 1 day off per year to volunteer for non-profits and charitable organisations
- We cover a minimum of 50% of your travel to work costs
- We have fortnightly fruit packages delivered to your house (to help you get your 5 a day!)
- Weekly Deliveroo credit to spend on meals of your choice
- 25 days holiday per year
- A beautiful office in Farringdon with fruit and snacks for the team to enjoy
- Regular social events