As a software engineer working on Chainlink, you’ll collaborate with an experienced technical team of other senior engineers, distributed systems computing experts, and security experts, who are all committed to building world-changing decentralized infrastructure. You’ll develop and build highly scalable, secure, and reliable software that will change the way smart contracts function at a fundamental level.
As an engineer working on CCIP, you will help build an open-sourced standard for developers to quickly build secure cross-chain services and applications. With a universal messaging interface, smart contracts can communicate across multiple blockchain networks, eliminating the need for developers to write custom code for building chain-specific integrations. CCIP opens up a new category of Web3.0 applications that can be built by developers for a multi-chain ecosystem.
- Designing and implementing new features within the CCIP product and contributing towards bringing Cross Chain Interoperability Protocol into production
- Thinking creatively about attack vectors, possible failures, and disaster scenarios, modeling them in reproducible test environments, and developing fixes
- Build automation to manage and deploy smart contracts and other required tooling to manage the production releases
- Build Network Heath Monitoring ie, funnel data to Observability, collect valuable metrics, and set up alerts/dashboards
- Strong interest in blockchain and other Web 3.0 technologies
- 5+ years of professional software development experience (Software Engineers, Senior Software Engineers, and Technical Leads are encouraged to apply)
- Expert-level experience with Golang or any other strongly-typed programming language
- Experience developing web applications/services and backend APIs
- Experience with building distributed systems and understanding of system design concepts
- Experience with test-driven development and use of testing frameworks
- Experience with observability (setting up data pipelines, alerts, and dashboards)
- Excellent debugging skills with attention to detail and ability to write the scripts as required
- Experience with Solidity (big plus)
- Comfort and/or experience working as a remote employee as a part of a distributed team
- Ability to write and communicate effectively
- Preferred B.S. or higher in computer science, software engineering, or related technical field
Golang, TypeScript, Solidity, Postgres, Terraform, AWS
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper
. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.