Who We Are
Nuro exists to better everyday life through robotics. The company’s custom electric autonomous vehicles are designed to bring the things you need—from produce to prescriptions—right to your home. Nuro’s autonomous, goods-focused solution can give you valuable time back and more freedom to do what you love. This convenient, eco-friendly alternative to driving has the potential to make streets safer and cities more livable.
About the Work
- Research and Implement state of the art algorithms for Behavior Planning and Motion Planning and deploy on Nuro’s fleet of delivery robots
- Solve the hardest and most exciting open-world robotics problems and drive our generic and scalable Machine Learning First stack.
- Work daily with a team of excellent engineers on challenging topics such as:
- Planning under uncertainty and joint planning and prediction
- Combine ML-based and traditional/model-based approaches with a team of excellent engineers
- Take responsibility for the core behavior planning stack by implementing general improvements around latency, decision making, software architecture and ultimately on road performance
- Collaborate closely with engineers across prediction, perception, machine learning, mapping and localization, autonomy systems, and infrastructure
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship for junior members of the behavior planning team
- Write robust, production-ready software to make our vehicle safe and predictable in complex driving scenarios
- PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, mechanical/aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, with 2+ years of relevant industry experience or M.S. with 4+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong Software Development Skills in C++ (Python is a plus) and Experience with Test Driven Development
- Proven track-record in designing and implementing Motion Planning Systems and Architectures for autonomous robots
- Proven ability to collaborate within and across teams and derive best solutions from cross-functional interactions
- Desire to work at the edge of Research and Development, bringing algorithms from research into production
- Hands-on experience in one of these areas- Search, Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS), Reinforcement Learning, Machine Learning for Planning and/or Prediction, Sampling Based Planning, Markov Decision Process (MDP), Experience in Joint Planning and Prediction
Must Haves -
- Software Development Skills in C++
- Basic understanding of Robotics Systems, different approaches in the area of Motion/Behavior Planning
At Nuro, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. For this position, the reasonably expected pay range is between $167,200 and $250,800 for the level at which this job has been scoped. Your base pay will depend on several factors, including your experience, qualifications, education, location, and skills. In the event that you are considered for a different level, a higher or lower pay range would apply. This position is also eligible for an annual performance bonus, equity, and a competitive benefits package.
At Nuro, we celebrate differences and are committed to a diverse workplace that fosters inclusion and psychological safety for all employees. Nuro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.