Everyday we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build responsive and flexible cloud, mobile, and edge computing applications that scale effortlessly. Couchbase delivers unmatched versatility, performance, scalability and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, distributed cloud and edge commuting deployments. The database market is one of the largest undisturbed markets for enterprise software. The main catalyst for this is the need for digital transformation. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
The Couchbase Mobile team is looking for an experienced Android software engineer to join the Couchbase Lite team. Couchbase Lite is an embedded NoSQL JSON database that can work stand alone, in a P2P network, or as a remote endpoint.
- As part of our core development team you will be working on the design and implementation of the next generation of features.
- Leverage your hardware architecture knowledge when optimizing critical code paths to achieve best-in-class performance.
- Work with the Quality Engineering team to ensure proper test plans are created.
- Work closely with technical support and customers to root cause the most complicated of bugs encountered on the Android platform.
- Code review team members’ code for correctness and performance.
- Help create user-focused documentation for the features you create.
- BS Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in developing libraries for the Android environment
- 3+ years experience in the Java programming language
- Fluent in the Kotlin programming language
- Good working knowledge of JNI, C/C++
- Knowledgeable on Android internals and networking
- Working knowledge of version control systems and programming tools (e.g. Git, Subversion, CMake).
Couchbase is named one of DTBA’s top 100 companies that matter in data. At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers end-to-end technical solutions for all our customers with high-performance, flexible and scalable modern databases that run across the data centers and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on. See our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at. This year Couchbase was recognized as one of the UK's Best Places to Work. Couchbase offers a total rewards approach to benefits for the value you create here. Couchbase recognizes the need for financial wellbeing. We offer:
-Flexible time off
-Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage
-Paid parental leave
-Flexible Spending Account for the things you care about most
-An ergonomic and comfortable in-office setup, with food and supporting technology, or assist in the setup of an efficient home office environment.
-And much more!
Couchbase is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Join an impact initiative group and experience the amazing feeling of Couchbase can-do culture.
By using this website and submitting your information, you acknowledge our Candidate Privacy Notice and understand your personal information may be processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice following guidelines in your country of application.