All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Chainlink is the industry-standard Web3 services platform that enables developers to build feature-rich Web3 applications with seamless access to real-world data and off-chain computation.
• Chainlink has helped enable $8T+ in transaction value since the start of 2022.
• Over 1,700 Web3 projects have integrated Chainlink services.
• Chainlink is live on 15+ blockchains with many having joined the Chainlink SCALE program.
• Chainlink is relied upon by industry-leading protocols like Aave, Compound, Paxos, Synthetix, and ENS.
• Chainlink has delivered 7.4B+ data points on-chain and onboarded 900+ decentralized oracle networks.
• Chainlink has established collaborations with Associated Press, Accuweather, AWS, Google Cloud, Meta, and Twilio.
• The world-class Chainlink Labs research team has won various awards for its work on distributed systems, security, and more.
Who we’re looking for:
• You’re focused on what matters most and ignore unimportant industry distractions.
• You take extreme ownership and deliver outstanding results.
• You have a growth mindset, seek out feedback and engage in constructive dialogue with others to help them grow.
• You move fast and evolve with rapidly advancing technologies.
• You want to be part of a team that excels and is committed to building the Chainlink Network and growing the Web3 ecosystem over the long term.
• You are welcoming toward a diverse network of participants joining an open, global standard.
• You’re excited about the future of Web3 and building a world powered by cryptographic truth.
At Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds >70% market share in the oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation.
We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
The Infrastructure Platform team enables Chainlink development and empowers engineers to continue building and supporting crucial products and services that have a profound impact in the blockchain industry. Recently, Chainlink crossed $7 trillion TVE (total value enabled) as an undisputed leader in the oracle space. Reliability is vital to the success of our company. As a staff SRE on a newly formed infrastructure observability team, you will be working to improve reliability, performance, and reporting by implementing self service tooling while improving our logging, metrics, and end to end tracing capabilities.
This job would be perfect for someone who has a track record of building and delivering solutions to ambiguous, complex problems, has experience mentoring and growing an observability team, and has been successful influencing partners in adopting observability best practices and workflows.
We are distributed across time zones and continents and we embrace remote work. Our on-call rotation uses the follow-the-sun pattern: you will be on-call some of the time, but your shifts will be during your day and our team is large.
We all have different backgrounds and are determined to help you succeed no matter where you are or who you are. If you think you would do a great job at Chainlink, we are looking forward to speaking with you, even if you don't match 100% of the job requirements: those describe people we've usually had a great time working with, but they're not a tick-box exercise.
- Build and orchestrate large, distributed infrastructure with a focus on observability
- Ensure reliability, security, and performance exceed our defined SLAs
- Partner with engineers from across the company to help troubleshoot issues, deploy solutions, and increase visibility to our data flows end to end
- Accelerate investigations to root cause analysis through effective insights derived from these data streams
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to your team and others
- Champion reliability and observability best practices
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience. You probably have worked on a devops, infrastructure, SRE, and/or platform team before
- Ability to develop software outside of the scope of typical infrastructure requirements and configurations or implement shared libraries and data analysis solutions
- Have led large cross-team initiatives and can demonstrate a successful track record with quantifiable metrics that impact the business
- Practical experience in shell scripting and demonstrable skills in at least one higher-level language
- Excellent understanding of Linux
- Expert knowledge in all aspects of designing, monitoring, and alerting on large real-time systems
- Experience with monitoring, logging, alerting and end to end tracing is a must
- Experience with distributed systems and container orchestration.
- Strong communication skills. You can give and receive constructive feedback, and you do not shy away from planning meetings and code reviews
- Familiar with most tools from our stack (see below)
- Excitement for blockchain, Web 3.0, and similar decentralized technologies.
- Experience running any infrastructure in the blockchain/web3 space
- Ability to scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Experience with internal developer platforms and service catalogs; specifically implementing self service tooling to enable observability
- Experience with setting team priorities (OKRs) and aligning business processes required to get a product/service from ideation to production (PRD, RFC, etc)
- Experience working remotely in a distributed team
- A strong desire to grow and challenge yourself. We would expect you to constantly find ways to improve and automate services to reduce toil
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To request an accommodation in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]
for more information about how we collect and use your application information.