As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
We are seeking to add a Senior Security Architect to our growing team. This individual will provide security solutions around Applications, Infrastructure, and Cloud Services--depth in at least one or more of these areas is required to be successful in the role. They will support security assessments of infrastructure and applications, helping define security standards, as well as developing and validating security control implementation.
This role will work closely with project decision makers, business leaders, as well as technologists requiring this individual to have solid communication skills at all levels of an organization. Additionally, this individual should have a history of developing advanced enterprise security solutions aligned with key industry standards that can guide our security offerings into the future.
- Build strong client relationships and effectively influence staff at all levels of client organizations.
- Designs security reference architectures in accordance with security standards and various regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Assists in the evaluation and threat modeling of overall risk for systems (including data), accounting for the people, processes, and technologies that provide security controls
- Architects, prioritizes, coordinates and communicates the choice of security technologies necessary to ensure a highly secure yet usable computing environment
- Provide security architecture and advice in one or more areas of expertise: application development, infrastructure, and enterprise technology projects.
- Works with various Kraken engineering teams to choose appropriate security solutions and facilitates complete integration into the respective environments
- Participates in the review of design principles and controls relating to third party solution providers
- Maintains currency of new and emerging security threats, security frameworks, and regulations
- Solid experience in architecting and engineering complex security solutions utilizing and interpreting security models
- The candidate should have technical knowledge and depth in application security and/or cloud security.
- Knowledgeable of cybersecurity audit standards, models, and frameworks
- Demonstrated experience utilizing one or more cloud technologies
- Ability to engage with Executive Management, Legal, Risk, 3rd-party, and various Engineering teams.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to work and maintain security knowledge in a changing landscape.
- Ability to develop and document methods, standards, and guidelines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Undergraduate-level in Computer Science/Cybersecurity or equivalent professional experience
- CISSP and/or CISM preferred
Location Tagging: #EU #US #CANADA #LI-Remote #LI-DA2
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know