Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Senior / Principal Machine Learning Engineer with the Creator Services Natural Language Processing Team, you will build NLP, speech and generative AI products and bring the latest LLM technology to our creators and help them create experiences at scale. You will work on large language models, machine translation models, deep learning-based speech models and reinforcement learning to automatically enhance user interactions and user experience.
- 5+ years experience as a outstanding machine learning engineer (or related roles)
- 5+ years shipping machine learning products (leveling to senior software engineer or Principal Software Engineer will be based on experience)
- Experienced with transformer-based model training, serving and product integration
- Experienced at creating and supporting NLP / ML applications at scale
- Knowledgeable with LLM training / serving, speech-related models and reinforcement learning.
- Proficient in Python, C# or similar programming languages
- Understanding of SQL and databases at scale
- Product-minded with an interest in understanding the end-user
- Design and implement deep learning-based NLP solutions that address problems across Roblox.
- Have the independence, opportunity and the end-to-end responsibility to develop NLP / ML-based services within the Roblox ecosystem
- Guide the future technical direction of the team and have impact on engineering
- Be a technical bar-raiser for cutting-edge ML technology, high code quality, architectural designs, and long-term approaches
- Balance researching new technologies with a practical approach to accomplish the research efforts into the Roblox products
- Develop fellow engineers on the team
- Design systems and services that are scalable and resilient
- Collaborate with passionate Engineers, Product Managers and other Roblox team members.
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.