Please reference you found the job post on jobsfordevelopers.com to help us get more companies to post here.
The Job in short
Identify, design and implement the best practices for performance engineering processes. Being the subject matter expert, you work with the product development teams to ensure better performing products for millions of users.
Meet the job
As the Performance Engineer you’ll get to work with a group of development teams, with the aim of helping the teams to build performant software from the ground up. Working closely with the system engineers and development teams, you look into innovative solutions, do research continually, execute PoCs and share these insights with the relevant stakeholders.
The skills required as a performance engineer are derived from an intersection of testing, optimisation, systems and software engineering. You also have a coaching and consulting relationship with the teams you work with.
If you’re eager to tackle the role, here’s a bit more about what you’ll actually do:
● Define SMART KPIs for performance-based NFRs and ensuring that they are understood by all stakeholders involved;
● Design and creating performance test scenarios, proper test data, automated test suites and testing environments;
● Strategically establish the best-in-class performance engineering approach for all software development teams; Looking at both short and long term possibilities.
● Influence and convince the development teams to adopt your recommendations and approaches;
● Provide structural recommendations to ensure identified performance issues will not reoccur;
● Keep up to date with performance engineering tooling and ensure all development teams are using the latest and greatest tools;
● Contribute to the performance engineering discipline, ensuring that guidelines are interpreted correctly in all the development teams;
● Support and guide the resolution of performance-related customer escalations.
How about you
As a Performance Engineer at Backbase, you know your role expands beyond day to day operations of engineering. You’re a curious go getter with a passion for working with people, challenging your own skillset and breaking the status quo.
In order to be successful in this job, you’ll need to have:
● An intrinsic drive to achieve the best software performance, backed up with several years of relevant experience in performance testing and engineering;
● A proactive mindset in building efficient performance solutions and taking ownership and driving change in your DNA;
● Experience with performance tools like Gatling, JMeter, Grafana and CI/CD tools like Jenkins;
● Multiple years of software development experience with Java and expert knowledge on performance in microservice systems;
● Experience with Spring framework and tuning JVM;
● Hands on know how of Docker and Kubernetes; deploying services to AWS environments is a plus;
● Relevant experience with relational databases like Oracle, MySQL and SQL Server with the ability to analyse database bottlenecks.
(please note that we are currently only able to proceed with candidates who are currently based in the Netherlands including HSMs, Dependents, EU Citizens and NL Nationals)