Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use cloud based platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and that is core to driving Xero’s mission. Supporting a culture of inclusion is something we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. A part of that is to support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. So, from the moment you begin your journey with Xero, we will constantly strive to ensure you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
About the team you’ll join:
In this role, you’ll be diving into the exciting world of iOS development at Xero, crafting software for our mobile products. We’re all about driving delivery and constantly improving our products. From research and discovery to prototyping, implementation, and even the end of life phases, we’re involved in every step of the product journey.
You’ll have the opportunity to develop a deep understanding of the business domain, which will be crucial in building top-notch software and delivering value to our customers. Collaboration is key, as you’ll work closely with our talented team to prototype, build, and test high-quality apps. You’ll also keep an eye out for any shortcomings in our current technology or architecture and suggest solutions to overcome them.
We’re not just looking for someone who’s great at coding. We want someone who loves to help others grow. You’ll have the chance to provide input on architectural decisions and offer technical guidance and mentoring to fellow developers. Staying up to date with the ever-evolving world of mobile development is essential. We’ll count on you to keep a finger on the pulse of the latest technologies and seize opportunities to incorporate them into our mobile team’s work.
What you'll do:
- Develop software for mobile products on the iOS platform, continually driving delivery and continuous product improvement.
- Working in a cross-functional fast paced environment, you’ll work with Product, Design & Data peers designing, prototyping and implementing product features.
- Identify opportunities in current technology/architecture and recommend solutions; providing constructive input into architectural decisions for new features.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to other engineers, helping them grow to be the best version of themselves!
- Keep an ear to the ground in an effort to stay up to date with iOS mobile development technologies; identify and promote opportunities to make use of these technologies within the mobile team.
What you'll bring:
- Exposure to building high-quality mobile apps using SwiftUI, with a strong desire to collaborate with others at your core.
- Good knowledge of mobile application design & development best practices, coupled with previous experience delivering software in a modern agile environment. Including an advocacy for software testing.
- You’ll come with a natural desire to share knowledge, coach, and mentor team members.
What we offer:
- Employee Share Plan, alongside an additional 5 annual Leave days, PLUS bonus holiday Leave.
- Wellbeing leave, Parental and Partner Leave, Life Insurance and Private Health Insurance.
- Flexible working arrangements and weekly social events.
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for a role at Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.