Short facts about us:
- We are a global remote-first team of 100+ people on 4 continents and in 10+ countries.
- We have been protecting our clients since 2014.
- The company has raised over $10M in investments.
- More than 200 customers around the world, including Fortune 500, Nasdaq, and high-growth startups choose Wallarm to protect their API and web applications.
- The company passed Y Combinator, the most prestigious incubator in Silicon Valley, from which Dropbox, Stripe, Docker, etc. came out.
Wallarm API security solutions provide proven performance to support innovative companies serving millions of users and billions of API requests per month. Hundreds of Security and DevOps teams globally use Wallarm daily to:
- Discover. See every asset across your entire attack surface—from cloud environments to every API endpoint with auto-discovery capabilities.
- Protect. A single suite that goes beyond OWASP Top 10 for full coverage for API specific threats, account takeover, malicious bots, L7 DDoS, and more.
- Respond. Streamline incident response with complete visibility, smart triggers, and active threat verification.
- Test. Automate security testing of your APIs and web assets. Prioritize remediation for every asset, in every environment.
Our technology stack:
- Frontend: the system management interface is written in React and is a Single Page Application.
- Node for filtering attacks requires maximum performance, that’s why we chosen C for its development.
- Backend: we use mainly Ruby (RoR for API only and Sinatra) and Golang (Gin), some components and modules are written in Python (aiohttp, Flask, FastAP)
- QA department using Python for developing integration autotests.
- Cloud: GCP, Terraform, AWS
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Riak/S3, Tarantool, and Redis
- DevOps: Kubernetes, Docker, Prometheus, Grafana, EFK, Linux
About this opportunity:
We are looking for several Ruby developers from the middle to senior level to work on different projects, such as:
- Basic platform for managing the application protection system (general security settings, user management, integration with third-party systems)
- Modules for analysis, grouping, ranking, and post-analytics of detected attacks
- Application protection module against brute-force attacks
- Tools for collecting the client's external network perimeter and actively searching for vulnerabilities
- Tools for ensuring continuous testing of application security at the development stage (an additional product of the company - Wallarm Framework for Application Security)
- Module for building an application profile based on analyzed traffic
- Module for active rechecking of existing attacks to detect active vulnerabilities in the application
- Bot protection module
In this role you will:
- Participate in the design, implementation and further technical support of product tasks
- Develop new and support existing microservices. Make migrations from Ruby to Go and ElasticSearch to ClickHouse
In this role you’ll need:
- Knowledge of Ruby and RoR
- Strong knowledge of SQL, ability to optimize queries
- Knowledge and experience with NoSQL (redis)
- The culture of using RSPEC
- Knowledge and experience with Docker, UNIX, git
- 2+ years of general experience in software development
Additional advantages will be:
- Work experience or desire to work in the field of information security
- Work experience or desire to work with Golang
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Clickhouse, Tarantool
- Experience with message brokers: Kafka, RabbitMQ, …
- Knowledge of Kubernetes/Helm and DevOps Skills
What we offer:
- Ability to work on a product that makes the Internet safer
- Completely remote work and flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Paid days off
- Medical insurance
- Working equipment
- Professional development and career growth