Location: On site in Berlin
The Design System is the foundation for SumUp's world class product and service experience. By joining the Design System Team, you will have an outsize impact on the future experiences of SumUp merchants - you will enable more consistent, more reliable and more compelling interactions. Also, you will make SumUp Engineering teams more productive, enabling them to ship faster at way higher quality.
About the role & what you’ll do
As an (Senior) iOS Engineer in the Design System Team, you’ll be part of the interdisciplinary team building the design system which underpins all merchant mobile experiences. You will work from the Berlin, Sao Paulo or Sofia office. You will:
- Write high-quality components, mostly in Swift, to extend and improve the UIKit and SwiftUI based implementations of SumUp's Design System
- Drive the iOS Design Systems' long-term architecture and structure
- Encourage, review and pair on community contributions from all of SumUp Engineering
- Work with mobile engineers across all of SumUp - understand what they need, pair on implementation, help them make better use of the Design System
- Represent the Design System to the global Mobile chapter and SumUp Engineering as a whole
- Working closely with iOS engineers on setting up and implementing best engineering practices across the company
- Go the extra mile to ensure accessibility and drive delighters like motion or personalization
- Drive the adoption of our Design System across the company
You’ll be great for this role if you have
- 4+ years of experience in Swift and the iOS ecosystem
- A passion for design and for building and delivering stunning UX
- Thorough knowledge of Apple HIG
- Understand the importance of Accessibility
- An ability to understand a bigger problem, design a solution, chunk into workable items and deliver the solution
- Experience communicating complex topics to a variety of stakeholders
- A mature business-focused approach to engineering
- A passion for clean, maintainable, and testable code
- Clear understanding of what to test, why to test it, and how to write good tests
- Committed team player, who believes in our values of Team first, We Care and Founders Mentality
Nice to have
- Experience working on a Design System
- Objective-C working knowledge
- Experience building and maintaining libraries that were used by multiple teams/users
- Experience with other languages and technologies like Android or Web development
- Familiarity with additional industry-standard Design Systems and Guidelines, eg. Material Design for Android
- A11Y passion and working experience
Why you should join SumUp:
- The opportunity to work on large scale fintech products used by millions of small businesses around the world
- Work on a high impact squad that is at the core of the Bank Tribe
- A dedicated annual Learning & Development budget for attending conferences and/or advancing your career through further education
- Enrollment onto our virtual stock ownership program - you will own a stake in SumUp’s future success
- A corporate pension scheme
- You'd enjoy other great benefits such as Urban Sports Club subsidy, Kita placement assistance, subsidized office lunches and other location-tailored benefits, Babbel language platform subscription and more
- You’ll attend global offsites and/or hackathons.
- Join a truly global SumUp team of 3200+ people from 80+ countries, spread across 4 continents
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.
Job Application Tip
We recognise that candidates feel they need to meet 100% of the job criteria in order to apply for a job. Please note that this is only a guide. If you don’t tick every box, it’s ok too because it means you have room to learn and develop your career at SumUp.