Everyday we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build responsive and flexible cloud, mobile, and edge computing applications that scale effortlessly. Couchbase delivers unmatched versatility, performance, scalability and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, distributed cloud and edge commuting deployments. The database market is one of the largest undisturbed markets for enterprise software. The main catalyst for this is the need for digital transformation. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
This position is largely responsible for the maintenance and creation of our instructor-led course material, which includes Powerpoint presentations, written lab instructions, and the certification bank of questions.
Additionally, this technical position requires the individual to act as a team SME for the majority of technical topics offered by the e-learning team, which may require periodic consultation and review of the material produced.
On occasion, this role will be required to deliver training, including offering train-the-trainer activities and certification of partner trainers.
Skills and Experience2+ years or more delivering training4+ years creating & maintaining course materialInstructional Design a plus - ability to articulate the processes and demonstrate ability to work through that process is criticalDiverse technical background, including databases and developer languages (more than one a plus), full stack development, etc. Mobile a plus.Ability to collaborate with team members across different organizations and within the team and with diverse skill levelsAbility to prioritize and manage multiple work tasks with minimal supervision
- Maintain/Develop ILT courses
- Maintain our 5 ILT courses we have - keeping them up to date with current releases of the Couchbase product
- Evolve courses as needs change or new requirements for the training arise, collaborating with engineering teams and instructors on necessary changes
- Develop new courses as required, particularly for our Capella product, collaborating with both engineering teams and other instructors
- Work closely with the engineering team and other SMEs to validate the accuracy of the content
- Maintain existing certification question bank and assist in creating new ones as the need arises
- Develop & maintain build infrastructure
- Maintain processes of delivery for systems on AWS, including how systems are started & stopped for deliveries, both for internal trainers and external training partners
- As needed, create build automation solutions to enable timely and regular updates of course material to instructors (internal and external)
- Identify and evolve technologies used to house our training and lab content (ex PPT vs Google slides, GitHub, AsciiDoc vs alternatives)
- Certify training partners
- Assess and certify trainers for our ILT course portfolio according to a standard and articulated set of criteria
- Train internal and external partners as major changes are made to existing courseware or new courseware is released
- Use and maintain trainer certification checklist/review form
- Assist in e-learning creation
- Aid in collaborating with other SMEs outside the training team to translate technical concepts into technical e-learning
- Act as a technical reviewer of alpha and beta versions of the e-learning content
- Assist in writing lab instructions and maintaining lab project files for our e-learning courses
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years or more delivering training
- 4+ years creating & maintaining course material
- Diverse technical background, including databases and developer languages (more than one a plus), full stack development, etc. Mobile is a plus.
- Instructional Design a plus
- Ability to articulate the processes and demonstrate the ability to work through that process is critical
- Ability to collaborate with team members across different organizations and within the team and with diverse skill levels
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple work tasks with minimal supervision
The anticipated starting base pay range for this role is $100,036 - $130,000 per year. Base salary is not the only component of our competitive total rewards package - you will also be eligible for a bonus, equity, and other benefits as described below. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location."
Couchbase is named one of DTBA’s top 100 companies
that matter in data. At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers end-to-end technical solutions for all our customers with high-performance, flexible and scalable modern databases that run across the data centers and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on. See our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
- Unlimited time off (DTO)
- Matching 401K contributions
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Monthly credit towards a lifestyle spending account
- An ergonomic and comfortable in-office setup, with food and supporting technology, to assist in the setup of an efficient WFH and office environment
-And much more!
Learn more about Couchbase:
Couchbase is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Join an impact initiative group and experience the amazing feeling of Couchbase can-do culture.
By using this website and submitting your information, you acknowledge our Candidate Privacy Notice and understand your personal information may be processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice following guidelines in your country of application.