We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Industrial Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in automotive logistics, warehouse design, and new product launches. This position will play a key role in designing and executing the Logistics operations within our manufacturing footprint and distribution center operations. You will play a crucial role in optimizing material flow and driving operational efficiency.
Our team has a collaborative culture marked by openness and supportive risk-taking. You’ll be part of a passionate team dedicated to making cities safer, smarter, and more sustainable.
- Develop efficient and effective warehouse and manufacturing lineside layouts, considering factors such as material flow, storage capacity, and operational requirements. Utilize industry best practices to create layouts that maximize productivity and minimize costs.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams during new product launches. Apply your logistics expertise to ensure the smooth integration of new products into the supply chain, including coordinating material flow, inventory management, and transportation requirements.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and cost reduction within the logistics function. Lead or participate in cross-functional projects to implement improvements, such as lean initiatives, automation, and technology integration.
- Conduct a detailed analysis of material flow patterns, identifying bottlenecks, inefficiencies, and opportunities for improvement. Develop and implement strategies to streamline material flow, reduce lead times, and optimize inventory levels.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure logistics performance and track progress towards
- Collaborate with various teams, including procurement, production, transportation, facilities, and quality assurance, to ensure smooth coordination and integration of logistics activities—act as a liaison between departments, promoting effective communication and alignment of objectives.
- Willing to be hands-on and lead by example. Support the implementation of process improvements on the shop floor, provide training and guidance to team members, and actively engage in problem-solving to drive operational excellence.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
- 6+ years of experience in logistics and industrial engineering
- Strong knowledge and experience in warehouse design, material flow analysis, and new product launches.
- Proficiency in utilizing industrial engineering tools and methodologies (e.g., lean principles, CAD (preferably AutoCAD), time studies, material and process mapping, and simulation software).
- Masters degree in IE/ISE or Supply Chain Management
- 8+ years experience in logistics and industrial engineering
- Automotive industry experience
- SAP experience
- Flexsim simulation experience
- Automation implementation (such as ASRS)
- Experience in transportation network optimization on outbound transportation
- Experience using SQL / Python
Compensation and Benefits
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $146,000 to $241,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.