Everyday we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build responsive and flexible cloud, mobile, and edge computing applications that scale effortlessly. Couchbase delivers unmatched versatility, performance, scalability and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, distributed cloud and edge commuting deployments. The database market is one of the largest undisturbed markets for enterprise software. The main catalyst for this is the need for digital transformation. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
The Developer Advocacy team is growing at Couchbase. The developer advocacy team creates interesting developer-focused content, tutorials, frameworks, and third-party integrations to expand Couchbase’s ecosystem.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline (or equivalent practical experience)
- 6+ years of programming experience with 3+ years working with Golang
- Must be comfortable with AWS
- Solid database experience
- Strong working knowledge of Docker, docker-compose, and container technology concepts
- Terrific communication skills in English (writing, creating, presenting) and a love for interacting with and helping developers.
- The ability to work autonomously.
- Experience with automated build and test frameworks
- Ability to listen to the developer community and effectively relay the stories and feedback to Couchbase.
- Expertise in Linux system administration and networking concepts.
- You are fun to be around, easy-going, and optimistic. And, can handle bad puns.
- You are a community enthusiast and have made contributions to open-source projects.
- Experience with NoSQL Databases (Couchbase, MongoDB, Neo4J, Cassandra, DynamoDb, Redis, and/or Memcached, etc )
- Coding experience with other languages such as Java, .Net, Node, Ruby, Golang, Rust, or PHP is highly desired.
- Comfortable managing Kubernetes Clusters
- Experience with open-source frameworks is a plus, especially maintaining or contributing to open-source projects!
- Experience with high-load applications will be another big plus
Collaborate with Couchbase users in the developer community and the open-source ecosystem of developer-oriented tools, frameworks, and applications. Help to Integrate Couchbase Capella with third-party services Help to maintain the applications running in production by the DA Team. Identify trending technologies that could benefit the Couchbase Ecosystem
Couchbase is named one of DTBA’s top 100 companies that matter in data. At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers end-to-end technical solutions for all our customers with high-performance, flexible and scalable modern databases that run across the data centers and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on. See our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
Couchbase offers a total rewards approach to benefits for the value you create here. Couchbase recognizes the need for financial wellbeing. We offer flexible time off, Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage, paid parental leave, and a Flexible Spending Account for the things you care about most. We provide an ergonomic and comfortable in-office setup, with food and supporting technology, or assist in the setup of an efficient home office environment.
Learn more about Couchbase:
Couchbase is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Join an impact initiative group and experience the amazing feeling of Couchbase can-do culture.
By using this website and submitting your information, you acknowledge our Candidate Privacy Notice and understand your personal information may be processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice following guidelines in your country of application.