Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
We’re currently hiring in all Homebase hubs: Atlanta, GA, Houston, TX, Austin, TX, Denver, CO, San Francisco, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Toronto, CA
As a Senior Front End Software Engineer, you will design and implement software solutions that enhance the value of the Homebase software platform and impact the lives of our customers. You will play a prominent technical role in our engineering practice.
- You’ll drive product engineering for the front end of our application.
- You will contribute to the evolution of our current engineering strategy and development process.
- You will work on your own with little supervision and mentor junior software engineers
- You will work very closely with product and design, iterating through different solutions from a product and design perspective, and tie everything back to engineering costs
- 5+ years of Web Software Engineering experience
- Solid software engineering fundamentals and ability to provide a positive influence
- Concern for building maintainable and scalable software
- Management and Mentorship Skills
- Debugging expertise
- Experience Optimizing Performance
- API guided Front End
- Expert understanding of object-oriented software design and design patterns, and how they apply to the frameworks listed above
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering disciplines or equivalent required
- Experience with Redux for state management
- Experience in interaction with Ruby on Rails APIs
- Knowledge of Git, GitHub, and development using pull requests
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- An eye for good design and the ability to implement ‘pixel perfect’ UI designs
Research has shown that minority groups (BIPOC, women-identifying individuals) often only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications for a role. We would like to encourage you to apply even if you don't feel you currently meet 100% of the qualifications listed here.
What We Offer You
- Stock Options - everyone is an owner
- Comprehensive medical coverage for you and your eligible dependents - premiums 100% paid by Homebase!
- RRSP plan +4% company match
- Remote, hybrid, and in-office work options
- Top-of-the-line equipment and $$ to customize your home office
- Company paid holidays and 20 days accrued PTO per year
- A dynamic, well-connected, productive team
- Fun company activities
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program