As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the Role
We’re looking for exceptional Senior Frontend Engineers to work on our React based web applications.
You’ll be joining a fully remote team within the Kraken Engineering department and your success on this team will be measured by your contributions to its pursuit of perfection both from a product feature and engineering architecture perspective, thus a strong team player mindset is required. You must possess excellent technical knowledge and the ability to accomplish amazing amounts of important work, seek what is best for Kraken and its success, create new and useful ideas, make time to help colleagues, challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better approaches, admit mistakes freely and openly, treat people with respect even if you’re in disagreement with them, and above all provide frequent candid corrective feedback to your teammates.
At Kraken we strongly believe that high performance teams filled with stunning colleagues is a core foundation of success in software development and we require all our engineers to embody that mindset.
- 4+ years of professional experience working with React
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- Excellent knowledge of React and Next.js
- Excellent knowledge of modern state management libraries (Flux pattern)
- Experience both with REST and Websocket based web services
- Experience building framework and platform agnostic packages
- Experience working on complex enterprise systems, or proven ability to successfully deliver a greenfield product
- Ability to take extreme ownership over your work
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Forensic attention to detail
- You’re passionate about software development... it’s not just your career, it’s your hobby
- You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve. You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current
Nice to have
- Knowledge of and passion for cryptocurrency
- Knowledge of XState (or similar)
- Knowledge of Web Workers
- Knowledge of the Actor pattern and how it can be used on the web
- Knowledge of React Native
- Knowledge of Rust
Location Tagging: #EU #LI-Remote #LI-DD2
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know