Atomic is a place for anyone with an entrepreneurial spirit to build, launch, and scale products and companies solving painful problems in huge markets.
We are on the hunt for an epic frontend engineer who understands what it takes to build outstanding products and has preferably worked within fintech or other highly regulated industries before. At this “stealth” Atomic Fintech startup you’ll work with experts in data, design, product, and operations to bring ideas to life that will help us democratize our financial system.
As an early employee and part of our Fintech startup's founding team, you will be a critical part of our company’s product direction and future. You will be building the bones of our company and making decisions that will control the trajectory of the company. We will invest in your development and do everything we can to make sure this is and will always be one of your best professional experiences. We believe this will be a career-defining choice.
How we work
Our number one priority is to enable our teammates to do their best work. When we focus on this, all other parts of the company take care of themselves. We believe people do their best work when they have autonomy, mastery, camaraderie and purpose.
You’re a good fit if you are:
- Looking for the opportunity to have a big impact at an early company
- Willing and eager to learn new technologies
- Passionate about mobile and web development
- A builder
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to the development of a new mobile application
- Understand key user needs and propose and implement solutions
- Build delightful user experiences
- Work closely with engineering, product, and design teams
What You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience working on external facing applications.
- Professional experience with React, ReactNative or a comparable front-end web framework.
- Very proficient with frameworks and libraries that are state of the art.
- Familiarity with Typescript.
- Astute understanding of how to develop fault-tolerant applications that integrate with many third-parties.
- Experience working cross-functionally with other engineers, product managers, and designers.
- A team oriented personality, bias to action, excellent communication skills.
- A strong work ethic and the desire to work at an early stage startup.
- A desire to improve yourself and be a positive influence on those around you.
- An instinctive desire to write quality code, the humility to understand and improve existing code, and the judgment to make tradeoffs between elegance and efficiency.
- Experience with Flutter and/or Dart
- Interest in financial markets
- A keen eye for design and user experience
- Experience creating data-rich visualizations
- Experience working across the stack
Come Join Us
As an early employee, you will be a critical part of our core team and have a huge influence over the direction of the company. We will compensate you well, invest deeply in your development, and do everything we can to make sure this is the single best work experience of your life.
If you think you might be a good fit for our team, we’d love to hear from you.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. This role provides paid time off and sick leave. The pay range for this role is between $120,000 - $175,000 per year.
Atomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Atomic considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.