As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the Role - 100% Remote
Senior Engineering Manager is an inflection point in your management career, where you manage multiple teams with Engineering Manager direct reports and occasionally, Principal Engineers. You likely relinquish personal ownership of code (although we expect that you stay embroiled in the details of your team’s projects and still do some technical work yourself). Like Staff Software Engineer on the Software Engineer track, you’re self-directed, working cross-functionally with stakeholders across the business, delivering work that impacts the engineering organization as a whole, and driving your part of your organization’s roadmap.
The goal for a Senior Engineering Manager is to deeply understand all the technology used by all the teams within your organisation, maintains the bar for production operation and monitoring of all teams within their organizational chain by developing processes to hold them accountable, manage your Engineering Managers careers, expectations, performance and level of happiness, adjust organization wide processes by listening to feedback and guiding all teams through the changes whilst owning projects and initiatives that have organization wide impact.
- You have a strong servant-leadership management style geared towards supporting, mentoring and growing engineers on the team. You care deeply about people, and their success.
- You’re not afraid of hard conversations and are gifted at coaching your colleagues through difficult situations.
- You are strategic and think at a high level, but are also hands-on, execution-oriented, and capable of getting things done quickly.
- You have years of experience as an individual contributor on various teams throughout your career.
- You have a mastery of core computer science fundamentals and a proven track record of shipping high quality software. This allows you to make great high-level technical decisions, help your team through difficult design decisions, and coach your team to grow their careers.
- You have experience leading teams of engineers across all levels of skill and experience with a track record of managing, recruiting, and retaining strong engineering leadership and engineering talent and growing effective teams.
- You have an ability to translate a long-term vision into a near-term, executable plan.
- An advanced degree in computer science or engineering discipline.
- 10+ years of software development experience, primarily focused on backend development.
- Experience with software architecture, designing APIs and event-driven systems.
- 8+ years leading engineering teams.
- 2+ years of experience managing remote teams.
- Looking to potentially grow into a director role.
- You are interested in cryptocurrency and open to the potential it has to positively transform our world.
- You are passionate about software engineering, improving processes, and driving change.
- You keep a close watch on modern technologies and can program in Rust.
Location Tagging: #EU #US #LI-LM1 #CANADA
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know