As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
As the Engineering Manager of Market Data, you will inherit and manage a team of back end engineers responsible for the high-throughput, real-time market data pipeline for Cryptowatch. This system is upstream of everything else that Cryptowatch does, so the uptime and performance expectations for it are the highest of all our services.
The ideal candidate for this role has years of prior experience working on low-latency, event-driven data pipelines as both an individual contributor and engineering manager.
- Manage a team of 10-15 back end engineers
- Lead your team to continue expanding market data coverage for Cryptowatch
- Maintain a very high system uptime and performance bar
- Mentor team members at various levels of experience
- Work closely with product team to inform system requirements
- Collaborate with other Cryptowatch teams to make your data available to their products
- 3+ years of experience managing software engineering teams
- Experience working on real-time data systems
- Experience working with large data sets
- Familiarity with how financial markets work
- Ability to balance your time between technical leadership and team mentorship
- High-level, supportive management approach that avoids micromanagement at all costs
- Deep appreciation for well crafted, highly performant software
Location Tagging: #EU #US #LI-LM1 #CANADA
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know