Zoox is looking for an experienced leader to lead our Site Reliability Engineering team. Infrastructure is key in building, validating, and running our autonomous driving software, and the team you’ll be running supports it all.
In this highly impactful role, you will closely work with partners in many teams including the driving AI teams, safety validation, product, data science, QA teams, and more. We have a strong collaborative culture where we value people first.
- Lead and grow the Site Reliability Engineering teams at Zoox, which are responsible for managing the infrastructure powering all our compute, internal tools, and public-facing applications
- Lead the design and implementation of the overall roadmap to improve the scale and reliability of infrastructure at Zoox.
- Collaborate with a variety of teams including driving AI, safety validation, product, data science, and QA teams to identify and deliver impactful solutions.
- Define and lead processes and operations to keep the systems always working.
- Drive the evolution of the SRE support model to scale with the size and complexity of Zoox
- 6+ years of management experience, with 2+ years managing managers and teams of 25-50+
- 10+ years of related technically demanding experience: cloud infrastructure, microservices, or data engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to scale infrastructure to meet rapidly growing demand.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead across teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong infrastructure mindset, with hands-on experience developing tools and platforms for engineers.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $234,000 to $415,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.