Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Data Reliability Engineering
The Data Reliability Engineering team is passionate about building reliable and efficient software. We provide real time support to Xero’s customer facing applications and now, as we scale up Xero’s data platforms, have started developing world class tooling too.
About the role:
We need 2 senior engineers to join us in tackling the unique challenges of working at Xero’s worldwide scale. We have roles open for both Software Engineers (C#, .net) and Database Engineers (Postgres, SQL) in New Zealand.
You will apply your skills to understand and address the challenges faced by our customers, and to drive the development of applications and tools that improve the scalability and performance of Xero as a whole. We are looking for people who relish the chance to help grow those around them, through constructive input into architectural decisions and technical guidance & mentoring to other developers.
If you enjoy flexibility in the way you work, and diving into difficult engineering problems while having the freedom to solve them creatively, this is the role for you.
What you'll bring with you:
- C#, .net, Postgres, SQL, AWS
- Self-awareness and growth mindset
- Openness to learning from failure
- Honesty, transparency and encouraging of feedback
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Customer and product focus
- Commitment to supporting an inclusive culture and upholding Xero’s values
Lots of perks, some of which include:
- 28 days of leave each year (annual leave, xtra leave, holiday leave - 3 days over the end of year close-down), plus 10 days of Wellbeing leave and 1 day to volunteer in your community. We also have the option to purchase up to 10 days of Lifestyle leave.
- 26 weeks parental leave payments, Xero 'top-ups' your base salary up to maximum of 100%. Available from your first day.
- Employee Share Plan - own a part of Xero!
- Full subsidised health, life, income protection and trauma insurance for all permanent employees.
- Career Development - grow and develop your skills in exciting and challenging projects using latest tech, training budgets, gain knowledge from world class engineering leaders and peers.
- Great culture and flexible working environment - hybrid and permanent remote options with modern, ergonomic, sit to stand workstations, unwind at weekly Xero socials, fresh fruit, fizzy drinks, barista quality coffee, casual dress and more.
- Check out all the employee benefits, discounts, and perks in one place with our Xero Crew app.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset.
Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience. If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.