CompStak envisions a commercial real estate industry in which accurate and transparent data leads to better, faster deals for everyone. We gather critical information that is hard to access, then make it instantly and seamlessly available to our platform members.
CompStak creates transparency in commercial real estate markets by gathering information that is hard to find, difficult to compile, or otherwise unavailable. CompStak Exchange is an exclusive platform for CRE brokers, appraisers, and researchers to get analyst-reviewed commercial lease comps, sales comps, and property details at no charge. Through CompStak Enterprise and CompStak Analytics, lenders, landlords, and investors can access granular CRE transaction information and market analytics.
We are expanding our tech team and looking for talented, experienced DevOps Engineers to help us expand our product suite and market share.
You will be working in the following environment:
— Scala based public and private APIs
— Machine learning systems for processing and analyzing crowdsourced and public data
— Automated DevOps via Terraform / Terragrunt, ArgoCD
— Kubernetes only infrastructure
— Data-driven product offerings
— And much more
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer with 4+ years of experience who has a proven track record of managing AWS infrastructure-as-code with HashiCorp or k8s tooling. You will also be responsible for DevOps, CI/CD, and Release management.
At CompStak we provide a fantastic environment for your continuous personal and professional growth.
Professional Experience Required
- Strong experience with Terraform / Terragrunt,
- Strong experience with Kubernetes, Helm, ArgoCD.
- Strong experience with configuring, maintaining and monitoring core AWS offerings (EC2, IAM,
- S3, Lambda, RDS, Networking, etc) as infrastructure-as-code
- Linux Administration
- Experience with building effective CI/CD pipelines is a must
- Experience with Prometheus and Grafana is a must— Experience with release management is preferred.
- Administrative knowledge of Relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience monitoring and administering modern JVM and Python runtime environments in production (our stack is Scala and Python)
- Experience with configuring, maintaining, and monitoring Apache Kafka is a big plus
- Experience monitoring Microservice infrastructure is a big plus
- Be ready to work from noon until 8-9 PM most of the days during the first 3 months, then transition to 10-18 if located in Eastern Europe.
- Your professional mission is to develop rock-solid systems and write clean and maintainable code
- You are a detail-oriented professional who cares deeply about excellence
- You are focused on solving problems via well designed composable systems
- You are interested in working in a lean startup environment
- You are always eager to learn no matter the depth of your experience
- You are a kind person who has an easy time collaborating with other people
- You are happy to mentor less experienced gifted engineers
- English at B2 or higher
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
What we offer
- Private healthcare
- 21 vacation days a year
- Gym membership
- Flexible working hours and remote work policy
- Team events of different sorts
- Different opportunities to develop your professional skills including conferences, courses, etc.
Launched in 2012, we’ve built a network of over 30,000 brokers, appraisers and research professionals across the country, using a unique crowdsourced model. Our clients enjoy the foremost lease and sale transaction data combined with a robust analytics platform. CompStak’s unique data and intuitive platform is used by the world’s largest real estate investors, lenders, brokers and appraisers to compare properties, underwrite investments and loans, close deals and track market trends.
CompStak has over 100 team members in the US and overseas; and we continue to grow. We’re backed by top VCs and industry players like Morgan Stanley, Canaan Partners, IA Capital, Transamerica, Moody’s, RealPage, 500 Startups, and Daily Mail Group, and have raised over $75m to date. Our HQ is in New York City, we have regional offices in Atlanta, Chicago and Los Angeles, and we have an international office in Belgrade, Serbia.
We pride ourselves on an environment that is fun, collaborative, and rewards hard work. We look forward to the value that future employees will add to our amazing teams!
CompStak is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates employees and applicants of all identities, backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives. We foster a welcoming work environment that supports diversity and inclusion, and we reject discrimination or harassment of any individual. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with any part of the application process, please let us know. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.