Are you ready to take the challenge?
We’re looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team in Warsaw or remotely.
Sunscrapers is an elite Python development company that helps clients set up dedicated development teams in Poland, made of the most talented, experienced and motivated software engineers.
Since 2010, we’ve been working with ambitious US and European scaleups, SMBs and enterprises on delivering digital products and extending in-house development teams.
We’ve earned our reputation by combining passion for technology, highest quality standards and our unique ‘Product-Developer Fit’ hiring process.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you’ll design and build a data analysis and workflow platform for the US-based private investment firm. You’ll standardize the environment, design and build a common code library for the data science team. You’ll also build integrated data flows, data warehouse and data pipelines using :
- Technologies: Python, SQL, Pandas, NumPy, Shell scripts, Terraform
- Tools: Azure DevOps, Snowflake, DBT Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, Jupyter Notebook / Hub, Airflow, Octopus Deploy & Jenkins, Box
- AWS: EC2, ECS, EKS IAM, RDS, Route53, S3, Athena
- Best Practices: Continuous Integration, Code Reviews, Scrum / Kanban
The ideal candidate will be well organized, eager to constantly improve and learn, driven and, most of all - a team player!
What's important for us?
- At least 5 years of professional experience in data-related role, software engineering or DevOps
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar
- Excellent command in spoken and written English, at least C1
- Expertise in Python and SQL
- Experience with Snowflake and designing schemes in data warehouses
- Expertise in AWS stack, especially with EC2, S3, ECS, EKS, IAM, Athena and AWS networking setup
- Experience in Linux system administration and scripting
- Good knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes and deployment automation using containers
- Familiarity with Python data science stack and libraries like Pandas, NumPy, matplotlib, seaborn, Jupyter Notebooks, etc
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Being a team player and having great troubleshooting skills
You will score extra points for:
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools, like Terraform
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps stack
- Proficiency in statistics and machine learning
- Experience in operating within a secure networking environment, like a corporate proxy
What do we offer?
- Working alongside a talented team that’s changing the image of Poland abroad.
- Flexible working hours and remote work possibility.
- Comfortable office in a penthouse in central Warsaw equipped with all the necessary tools to conquer the universe (Macbook, external screen, ergonomic chairs).
- Fully equipped kitchen with fruit, hot and cold drinks.
- Multisport card & Private medical care.
- Culture of good feedback: evaluation meetings, mentoring.
- We value and appreciate our engineers eagerness to learn and improve so we strongly encourage and support their growth!
Sounds like a perfect place for you? Don’t hesitate to click apply and submit your application today!
Check our place: fb /instagram