PayU, a leading payment and Fintech company in 50+ high-growth markets throughout Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, part of Prosus group, one of the largest technology investors in the world is redefining the way people buy and sell online for our 300.000+ merchants and millions of consumers.
As a leading online payment service provider, we deploy more than 400 payment methods and PCI-certified platforms to process approximately 6 million payments every single day.
Seeking individuals with demonstrated experience in data engineering for developing and maintaining data engineering modules and pipelines for our SAAS offering. Your primary focus will be to develop/enhance/optimize data engineering pipelines. You will also be responsible for supporting customer’s proof of validations and implementations from data engineering perspective.
● Excellent Coding skills in Python and SQL , PySpark is a must
● Experience of working on public clouds (AWS / Azure/ GCP)
● Experience of writing/maintaining Spark code base in a production environment.
● Big Data Experience - Relational Databases (Postgres, MySQL etc.), MongoDB, Cassandra
● Well Versed with orchestration frameworks like Airflow, Kubeflow etc.
● Build & support scalable data engineering pipelines (ETLs etc.). This will entail extract, load and transform of ‘big data’ from a wide variety of sources, both batch & streaming, using latest data frameworks and technologies, along with real time monitoring dashboards and alerting.
● Essential experience of working with distributed systems software development.
● Demonstrated experience of production experience in big data infrastructure and data modelling.
● Critical experience performance optimization for both data loading and data ingestion.
● Know-how of critical tools, in a developer’s toolkit such as GitHub, Dockers etc.
● Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
● Build & support scalable data engineering pipelines (load, extract, cleaning, transform, ingest etc.) for our Data Platform and data assets.
● Build and Deploy the Data Engineering pipelines for scale using Airflow
● Have ownership of multiple data pipelines and Data Engineering Projects
● Review, audit and improve the Data Engineering pipelines
● Document and communicate technical and functional design (HLD, LLD), timelines and plans
● Work closely with AI/ML, DevOps, MLE, other engineering and product team
● Work with the engineering and implementation team to understand business problems and implement efficient software solutions
● Follow configurable programming practices (config files, modular programming, parameterization, etc.)
● Support Maintenance/enhancement of deployed pipelines. This includes bug-fixes and performance improvement.
● Participate in organization building activities (cross team training, hiring, etc.) to further the PayU mission and culture
At PayU, we are a global fintech investor and our vision is to build a world without financial borders where everyone can prosper. We give people in high-growth markets the financial services and products they need to thrive. Our expertise in 18 high-growth markets enables us to extend the reach of financial services. This drives everything we do, from investing in technology entrepreneurs, to offering credit to underserved individuals, to helping merchants buy, sell and operate online. Being part of Prosus, one of the largest technology investors in the world, gives us the presence and expertise to make a real impact. Find out more www.payu.com
Our Commitment To Building A Diverse And Inclusive Workforce
As a global and multi-cultural organization with varied ethnicities thriving across locations, we realize that our responsibility towards fulfilling the D&I commitment is huge. Therefore, we continuously strive to create a diverse, inclusive and safe environment, for all of our people, communities and customers. Our leaders are committed to create an inclusive work culture which enables transparency, flexibility and unbiased attention to each and every PayUneer so they can succeed, irrespective of gender, color or personal faith. An environment where every person feels they belong, that they are listened to, and where they are empowered to speak up. At PayU we have zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice whether a specific race, ethnicity, or of persons with disabilities or the LGBTQ communities.