Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Diversity of people brings a diversity of thought, and that is core to driving Xero’s mission. Supporting a culture of inclusion is something we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. A part of that is to support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life, and your passions. So, from the moment you begin your journey with Xero, we will constantly strive to ensure you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
The Data team is responsible for driving the adoption of data driven decision making across Xero - for both our internal users and our global audience of small business owners, bookkeepers and accountants. We create, manage and deliver a wide range of data services including core reporting, key data dimensions, extensible and scalable analytical data processing and storage facilities, machine learning toolsets, frameworks and API driven prediction services.We are the center of expertise for data architecture, data modeling, machine learning, ethical data usage and artificial intelligence service design. We lead the effort to raise the data and AI literacy levels across Xero.
- Lead and contribute to a range of initiatives to effectively grow the culture of data driven decision making
- Influence and inspire your colleagues to invest in their data capabilities including skill sets, mind sets and tool sets
- Identify opportunities to improve and optimise our core datasets and data access patterns to improve efficiency and opportunities for self-service
- Contribute to the ongoing team goal of enabling valuable, efficient and responsible Data Use
- Form and maintain awesome relationships with colleagues across the organisation
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other members of the team and the wider analyst community
- Design and prioritise decisions around where to invest our ongoing improvement effort
Here is what we do look for in a Senior Data Enablement Analyst:
- Direct, hands-on experience in data analytics and modern enterprise analytics platforms eg Snowflake, dbt, Microstrategy, PowerBI
- SQL expertise to develop, and teach others to develop, analytical data products to answer key business questions in a large, complex environment
- Empathy for technical and non technical colleagues and the ability to bridge the gaps and effectively communicate across communities with their own
- Self-awareness and growth mindset
- Honesty, transparency and encouraging of feedback
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Commitment to supporting an inclusive culture and upholding Xero’s values
Lots of great perks, some of which include:
- 28 days of leave each year (annual leave, xtra leave, holiday leave), plus 10 days of Wellbeing leave and 1 day to volunteer in your community. You will also have the option to purchase up to 10 days of Lifestyle leave
- 26 weeks parental leave payments, Xero 'top-ups' your base salary up to maximum of 100%. Available from your first day
- Subsidised medical, life, income and trauma insurance for all permanent employees
- Employee Share Plan - own a piece of Xero!
- Great culture and flexible work environment - hybrid and remote options with modern, ergonomic, sit to stand workstations, unwind at weekly Xero socials, fresh fruit, fizzy drinks, barista quality coffee, casual dress and more!
- Save those hard earned dollars by paying for selected items before tax through LeasePlan
- Check out all the employee benefits, discounts, and perks in one place with our Xero Crew app
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. Our goal is to make sure you feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.
Please note that Xero's talent team will be on leave towards the end of December 2023 and into the new year. We will follow up on applications for this role as soon as possible upon our return in mid-January 2024. Happy holidays!