What is Polygon?
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development
. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 37,000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, 140M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
What does the Polygon Miden Team do?
Polygon Miden aims to be the most innovative and easy-to-use zkRollup for Ethereum. We will enable use cases beyond what is currently possible with EVM-centric architectures, e.g. parallel transaction execution and account abstraction. At the heart of our rollup is the Miden Virtual Machine - a zk-optimized VM designed from the ground up. Currently, we focus on the rollup design, recursive verification, and developer experience.
We want to enable software developers to build on top of our Miden VM. Therefore, we need a Senior Compiler Engineer. The Senior Compiler Engineer is responsible for developing and optimising Miden proprietary compilers for code hardening and security. You can design and define compilers from scratch, getting feedback and support from experts in the field. You will get to participate in innovative projects and languages. We need you to use cutting-edge technologies that help make breakthrough blockchain technology usable.
- Lead design and implementation of compilers from high-level languages to Miden assembly.
- Provide feedback and inform design decisions of the Miden Virtual Machine.
- Interface with the teams working on designing and implementing higher-level languages we target.
- Mentor junior compiler engineers on your team.
What You Need To Succeed
- Experience in compiler development and tooling such as Clang, LLVM, GCC, MLIR and others.
- Passion for improving compilers and developer tools.
- Proven ability to provide technical guidance, software architectural review, and mentorship.
- Intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn.
- Interested in zero knowledge proof-based blockchain systems and programming language design.
- Have some familiarity with writing smart contracts, especially using Solidity.
- Passionate about compiler technology, open-source software, and eager to learn, come and join us.
- You will get a chance to participate in innovative projects and work on cutting edge technologies that help to make the recent breakthrough in blockchain technology usable.
Work from anywhere (Remote first)
Flexible working hours
Flexible vacation policy
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Learn More about Polygon