GoFundMe’s mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support the causes they care about. Since 2010, GoFundMe has become a trusted leader in online fundraising, with $17 billion raised from over 200 million donations. In 2022, GoFundMe acquired Classy, the leading nonprofit fundraising software company, which operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of GoFundMe. Together, the two companies serve as a global leader in giving for individuals and nonprofits, accelerating growth and unlocking new opportunities to help more people and organizations. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world—join us!
Classy's Product Technology team is hiring a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer that will join our Cloud Infrastructure team. In this role, you will lead a team of engineers to support the buildout of a next-generation Cloud Infrastructure which achieves 99.999% availability. The ideal candidate is comfortable leading technical projects and people as well as creating a best in class infrastructure and reliability framework. The ideal candidate will have a history of building highly available cloud infrastructures for Saas platforms. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to keep the Classy online fundraising platform for nonprofits running smoothly without interruption.
What you’ll do:
- Join a team of skilled engineers dedicated to proactively building highly-performant infrastructures for online services
- Have a critical role in building and maintaining a robust, fault-tolerant, global payments platform processing billions of dollars per year.
- Participate in an engineering culture of “always be learning” where the sharing and learning from failures is celebrated and the giving and receiving of constructive candid feedback is highly encouraged.
What you bring (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years hands-on experience building highly scalable projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation.
- High-level proficiency with AWS.
- Solid understanding of microservice architectures, database servers and API services
- Good understanding of distributed data models with experience debugging distributed systems with high data loads.
- High-level of proficiency in infrastructure as code (IaC)
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- A deep sense of quality, and sharp engineering skills with strong computer science fundamentals.
- An ability to thrive in fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous start-up environments
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- Experience building PCI compliant systems
- Experience in payment processing systems
- Experience developing high-volume transaction systems
- Passion for building fault tolerant and secure platforms
- Understanding of the requirements for performance and reliability testing for infrastructures
- Strong APM experience using tools such as NewRelic, DataDog, Splunk, etc.
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...
A Year in Giving: 2021
We Support Justice + Equality