Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use cloud based platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and that is core to driving Xero’s mission. Supporting a culture of inclusion is something we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. A part of that is to support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. So, from the moment you begin your journey with Xero, we will constantly strive to ensure you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
Do you get excited by cloud technologies? We are looking for talented individuals to contribute to our cross-functional environment by drawing on a combination of cloud engineering principles and operational knowledge to support our production systems.
Our Cloud Engineering team is passionate about building reliable and efficient infrastructure. We do this by building services that help make the Xero platform more available, sustainable, efficient, secure and scalable.
How you'll make an impact
As part of the Xero Cloud Infrastructure team you will ensure all Azure cloud infrastructure is operational, secure and highly available. You will be providing expertise, guidance and incident response to other Systems and Security team members and the wider team with regards to firewalls, App Services, virtual networks, routing and network security.
What you'll do
- Administer and monitor our cloud systems such as cloud network infrastructure, firewalls, key vaults and databases.
- Identifying actionable indicators of compromise through analysis of network forensic data.
- Plan, adapt and secure our cloud systems to meet the ever-changing business and security requirements.
- Assist with onboarding of new systems and initiatives.
- Patch vulnerabilities and security threats as they arise.
- Develop and document policies and procedures for consistent network management
- Operate effectively in high severity incidents involving multiple teams or services and ensure the availability of our products through a compensated, periodic 24/7 on call incident management rotation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test, and production cloud environments.
What you'll bring with you
- Critical Competencies:
- High level of experience with architecting and implementing Azure cloud infrastructure
- Understanding of monitoring and alerting best practices, using tools like Sumo Logic and PagerDuty
- Able to make major design decisions
- Ability to review and coordinate team processes to improve quality and strengthen feedback loops
- Ability to operate effectively in high severity incidents involving multiple teams or services
- Azure Cloud Certification is preferred
- Familiarity with AWS is preferred
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for a role at Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.