About Us 🌎
EcoCart's mission is to make the fight against climate change easy, accessible, and affordable for everyone. We live at the intersection of E-Commerce and Climate Tech and build software that determines the ecological footprint of the manufacturing and delivery of goods sold by e-commerce brands around the world. Then through consumer-facing features, EcoCart enables shoppers to offset the emissions of the goods they are purchasing by donating to offset projects that EcoCart vets and supports. We are backed by top VCs, executives from Facebook, Affirm, & Klaviyo, and by top-tier e-commerce founders of Chubbies, Blue Bottle Coffee, BarkBox, & Felix Gray.
We are a 40-person, remote-first company looking for people who are motivated by being part of a team building products that will help change the world. We're growing quickly, and want you to grow with us - Join us in our mission to make commerce sustainable!
Salary Range: $130,000 - $150,000
This role will be the 7th hire on our Core Platform team, which owns our calculations API, Data Products, and integrations . Whether developing new features or working on making our existing product more scaleable, you will be working with a tight-knit group of engineers who is highly collaborative, thoughtful, and eager to experiment with the latest and greatest technologies.
The technologies most heavily used in this team are Python and AWS.
Our ideal candidate 🤩
A self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative, dynamic environment, who shares our customer obsession and strives to deliver the most delightful customer experience. We need someone with the ability to write write readable, well-documented code, who can take ownership and solve complex problems quickly and efficiently. A scrappy, action-biased, data-driven individual that can build processes to leverage the teams’ productivity.
The right candidate will have a solid understanding of internet security & privacy mechanisms and have experience working with Python, infrastructure as code, and Python unit testing frameworks.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is excited by the opportunity to make an outsized impact by building creative products that are helping save the world!
A Day in the Life
- Developing new and interesting software with a collaborative team of engineers across the company
- Working with our existing Calculations and Integrations team building highly scalable serverless Python APIs to calculate shipping and manufacturing emissions and costs and integrate with third party platforms
- Working with the Cloud and Machine Learning teams to build new and exciting features and achieve SLAs for our largest customers
- Working collaboratively and directly with the VP of Product and Director of Engineering on strategizing and executing product roadmap
- Putting together best-practice processes for the entire team that enable us to scale fast, but thoughtfully
- Bringing a high level of technical expertise, guidance, and strategic decision-making to key areas of EcoCart including web infrastructure, microservices architecture, machine learning and its orchestration, data pipelines, devops, CI/CD, and internal tools
- 5+ years of backend development experience
- Experience with IaC (We use Amazon CDK)
- Experience with Cloud (AWS) and especially Serverless technologies (Lambda)
- Experience with Python testing frameworks
- Experience with scalable transactional web applications
- Experience designing relational and non-relational databases (We use DynamoDB and PostgreSQL)
- Ability to Dockerize and deploy Python applications
- Experience building out large scale APIs and developing their infrastructure
- Experience working with small teams in a startup environment
- Experience working with Shopify / other e-commerce applications
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Amazon CDK
- Familiarity with AI and ML concepts
- Experience with data science tools including Python scripting, numpy, scipy, matplotlib, scikit-learn, jupyter notebooks, bash scripting, Linux environment.
-Series A Equity
-Best-of-the-best options for medical, dental, & vision insurance
-Mental health benefits
-Periodic days of rest, where the entire company enjoys a day off!
-Proactive, collaborative company culture with a shared vision for climate impact!