Rapid is a team of creators delivering the next-generation API platform built for the modern developer. Our users range from independent developers to the largest companies in the world. We work hard to make it easy for developers to build, use, and share APIs faster while providing enterprise-wide visibility and governance. As a result, entrepreneurs and enterprises can concentrate on creating value and business outcomes.
How do we make this happen? Rapid is the creator of RapidAPI Hub, the world’s largest API hub, where more than 4 million developers discover, evaluate and integrate more than 40,000 APIs from leading companies like Twilio, Microsoft and Google and more. Rapid also offers RapidAPI Studio, which provides developers with a single, connected experience to design, develop, test, monitor and publish their APIs. For enterprise organizations, Rapid offers RapidAPI Enterprise Hub, a private, customizable version of the public hub that enables the company’s developers, customers, and partners to find, manage, and connect to hundreds of internal APIs, as well as external API subscriptions.
We operate at scale when the opportunity is even greater. We offer you the opportunity to make a difference and empower developers to build modern software through API innovation while doing the most critical work of your career.
We're looking for a highly-motivated and talented Senior Backend Engineer to join us in a challenging, innovative, and fast-paced environment, tackle tough problems and find creative ways to solve them, investigate, implement, and share new technologies and ideas.
This role is an opportunity to play a key role in a fast-growing and high-scale startup company and to push our software development cycles to the next level with your innovative solutions and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Work as a part of a team, developing applications and services consumed by more than a million developers worldwide.
- Be responsible for building, maintaining, and improving RapidAPI’s frontend and backend systems, using Agile development methods.
- Contribute features to a complex product built in a distributed Microservices environment.
- Work on our data pipelines - catering to millions of requests in real-time.
- Push our load times and performance to the next level.
- Develop solutions for developers, with a strong emphasis on performance and quality.
- Drive the delivery quality systems utilizing Unit Testing, TDD, and performance testing.
- 5+ years of backend development experience, in NodeJS in a microservice environment
- Proven experience with Docker, k8s, Rest API, GraphQL API
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS or similar cloud infrastructure
- Hands-on experience with building, deploying and maintaining testable, scalable systems in the cloud environment
- Good understanding of critical production systems concepts - high availability, reliability, and scalability
- Deep knowledge with SQL database
- At least 2 of the following: Redis, Redshift, ELK, Kafka, K8
This is an opportunity to play a key role in a fast-growing and high-scale startup company distributed across the US, Europe, and Israel. You'll be taking our product to the next level within a high-talent-density team and out-of-the-box thinking. Having raised $150 million in a Series D investment round in 2022; you’ll be working with a team that is scaling globally, fast.
If this sounds like you, click apply below! We’d love to hear from you.